Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
I'm looking for a prepaid microsim card that will work in USA, London, and India. Basically I'm traveling with several stops on the way and would like to make quick phone calls to family to let them know I landed in airports and to pick me up. I'd like to purchase the micro sim so it arrives to my home in USA and have it activated so I can test it out, then use it in London and Delhi.

Has anyone found a reasonable priced service like this? I'm seeing GoSim costs more than $3 per minute to make a call from india to an indian phone, and around $0.50 - $1.00 per minute to call india from USA to UK. Are these normal prices or rip offs?

I will be using the microsim in an unlocked iphone 4. I don't need data but wouldn't mind it if the price is reasonable. Also, I'm leaving on January 9th and only need the service to run for 2 weeks, so anything that last 30 days is fine.

Thanks!

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
there's a thing called abroadband that sells you an international sim card and you pay 0.56 euro per mb of data.

It's data only, though.

Remensongalli

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2013
International Sim Card

Hi Vistadude,

There are many companies which are providing International SIM card at very low rate. You can also go for Prepaid international SIM card which provide full talk time services, minimum roaming charges, no monthly minimum usage, no rent and they charge minimum incoming and outgoing charges.

vistadude

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2010
Yeah which ones? What do you consider low rates?

Hi Vistadude,

There are many companies which are providing International SIM card at very low rate. You can also go for Prepaid international SIM card which provide full talk time services, minimum roaming charges, no monthly minimum usage, no rent and they charge minimum incoming and outgoing charges.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.