Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

knoxtown

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2007
Everywhere
Mine just arrived in Oakland. Looking at the flights, there is a flight from Oakland to LA at 3:30 in the morning.

Wondering if I'll get it a day early. *squeals like a little kid getting a new toy* :D

Category 5

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2011
I ordered mine Dec 30, ad sadly I sold my previous iMac to pay for it so i have my laptop but no imac to work on my music. This thread makes me sad to think it may be almost February before mine even ships.

it is a BTO 27", 8GB, 1TB fusion, 3.4GHz and 680MX 2GB.

I hope production ramps up and I get mine before the end of the month.

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
I'm getting the standard 8GB (2x4GB) Apple supplies. I usually get my own from Crucial but they don't seem to offer 2x16GB to get the full 32GB. Where are people getting their own 32GB from?

Cheers!

Sinalar

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
I'm getting the standard 8GB (2x4GB) Apple supplies. I usually get my own from Crucial but they don't seem to offer 2x16GB to get the full 32GB. Where are people getting their own 32GB from?

Cheers!

New imac has 4 ramslots, so 4x8GB does the trick ;).
Good to see more imacs have shipped. Let's hope apple can pick up the pace to build and deliver!

Soul2Squeeze

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2012
December 13th order Preparing for Shipment!

Finally... My order just moved to "Preparing for Shipment" :D

I ordered December 13th

27" iMac / 3.4Ghz i7 / 32GB RAM / 3TB Fusion HDD / 2GB 680MX

ardbac

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Another order from 9th Dec on its way!

Some movement at last! My order from 9th has moved to Preparing for Shipment :D

3.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X4GB
1TB Fusion Drive
NVIDIAGeFrc GTX 680MX 2G GDDR5
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE
Apple WL Kybd+User's Guide-B
COUNTRY KIT-B

Susan552

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Ordered Dec. 8th.
Shows "Available to Ship: January". no comment.
24.gif
25.gif
26.gif
27.gif
28.gif

Sperry8

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
Apple ripped me off!

I received my new iMac yesterday with 1TB fusion drive (ordered Dec 11). Wow, that drive is fast! Sadly, I've been using the retina display ipad for 30 days now, and it blows away the screen clarity on the imac. I wish it had retina!

And apple also configured my system incorrectly. I ordered and PAID for 16GB of RAM, and yet the system only has 8. A $200 upgrade - that wasn't added!

I am pissed off. Can you imagine? They better do something for me, other than just send out a RAM card and expect me to install it.

Be sure to check your memory, dont just assume it's correct!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 2.03.31 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 2.03.31 AM.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 2.05.12 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-09 at 2.05.12 AM.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:

cfenoglio

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
Moving

Dec. 8th
i7
3tb fusion
32 ram

Temporary hold on CC 1/5

Moved to preparing sometime last night 1/9

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
New imac has 4 ramslots, so 4x8GB does the trick ;).

Ahhhhh! Nice. Thanks!

----------

I knew it didnt come with Retina when I ordered. I'm just saying it is a noticeable difference. Retina blows away the quality of the imac screen.

Congratulations, you've just pointed out the obvious!

In other news, when the sun is out it's waaaay brighter than when it isn't. Just saying.

----------

So, tracking, then. I usually use Junecloud's Deliveries app, but it's always a crapshoot working out which of the various numbers Apple provides you are supposed to use. Anyone know? I've got my order number, an additional order number (presumably for the Applecare I ordered), a PO number (which is the same as the main order number) and 'Our Delivery Reference Number'.

Any ideas? ;) At the moment no matter what I use, Junecloud send me to Apple's delivery tracking page which says: "We're sorry, but our Order Status services are extremely busy right now. Please try again later."

Funny that! ;)

In my prior experience usually none of them even work until the device has got to the last depot before it gets delivered, which is better than nothing! I've got 'Syncreon' in charge of delivery. Who the heck are they?

Dipwind

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
WTF kinda data is this? Shipping according to who? If you're saying Apple has only shipped 2 dozen units a week you're smoking something you overpaid for, lol.

I'm assuming this is a graph of orders your company has placed and had fulfilled, or something????? Or numbers in tens of thousands.

If you don't know about, there is one spreadsheet running to track info, the data is as good as people update their status, with a file where everyone can change things all is expected, people deleting rows and sorting wrongly etc etc, it's been hard to keep it running, while some of us are waiting for our machines we can keep maitaining the Spreadsheet.

The chart covers 250 orders but there are more in there, it's supouse to be only December orders but again all is allowed, even people querying without checking first.:)

Dip

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
I received my new iMac yesterday with 1TB fusion drive (ordered Dec 11). Wow, that drive is fast! Sadly, I've been using the retina display ipad for 30 days now, and it blows away the screen clarity on the imac. I wish it had retina!

And apple also configured my system incorrectly. I ordered and PAID for 16GB of RAM, and yet the system only has 8. A $200 upgrade - that wasn't added!

I am pissed off. Can you imagine? They better do something for me, other than just send out a RAM card and expect me to install it.

Be sure to check your memory, dont just assume it's correct!

Did you open the Ram tray to see if there is actually 2 8GBsticks present?

Could be it is there and not seated properly or is just bad.

The base set-up comes with 2 4GB sticks so this would indicate they didn't just send you a base set-up.

Dipwind

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
Just received, so impatient to go home and unbox it :)

Ordered 12/2
Shipped 1/7
Received 1/9

:apple:

I knew it, you'll get yours first than mine, :( I'm sure that's because the superdrive, the stuff is comming from two different places they will merge the two and then dispatched to me.

But clearly stuff is moving about and the energy on the forum is looking good, Enjoy 81.

Dip

ron505

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2011
Just received mine from FedEx!!!:D:D:D

Ordered 12/8
Shipped 1/7
Received 1/9

Will update spreadsheet

vansouza

macrumors 68000
Mar 28, 2006
West Plains, MO USA Earth
Abandon hope ...

All ye who read this thread... I ordered mine Dec 30 and was hopeful for a mid January delivery but now will adjust expectations to my birthday in mid Feb. I pray for us all. :eek: :cool::D

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.