Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Last couple of pairs of sneakers I've bought really have not worked out all that well..

I am looking for a pair sneakers or shoes that I can run a little bit in (not a big runner, maybe 2 miles 2-3 times a week), but that I can also use for X-fit classes.

Biggest issue I have is that most of the ones I have tried over the years just leave me with excruciating pain in my feet. I am guessing this is large part due to a lack of support as shoes (hiking boots) with better support I can wear all day long.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I'd probably need more information to make proper suggestions. What shoes have you used in the past that have been causing the pain? Running shoes? Cross trainers? What brands? What size foot do you have? Do you have a flat foot or a very high arch? Wide or narrow? Where is the pain in your feet? Both feet?

glocke12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
I'd probably need more information to make proper suggestions. What shoes have you used in the past that have been causing the pain? Running shoes? Cross trainers? What brands? What size foot do you have? Do you have a flat foot or a very high arch? Wide or narrow? Where is the pain in your feet? Both feet?

SHoes Ive tried in the past were the less expensive Nikes and New Balance brands...in both cases running shoes.

My foot size is 10 (actually left is ten, right is 9.5). both somewhat wide

My arch is high I believe.

Pain is typically in the forefoot area, and in the arch.

Also, Im a little overweight which I think contributes to the problem. I weigh 240 and my ideal weight is probably 200.

Like I said, wearing hiking boots I don't have any problem because of the support I am guessing.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Though many people will likely be fine in running shoes for x-fit classes, a crosstrainer would probably be better for you. They will offer greater side-to-side stability than a running shoe will traditionally offer. If your foot is on the wide side, you may want to stay away from Nikes, as they run narrow (and short, too). You'll be able to run a mile or two in a pair of crosstrainers. Look here for some examples of trainers.

The pain in the forefoot and arch...on the bottom or the top of the foot in both areas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.