Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gmail: New vs Old Version?

• Yes it's trash

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • About the same

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • I like it better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have not used it; Other; Not available for older Macs

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
No experience on Macs.

----------

I can't even tell who I am replying to in a threaded e-mail. Plus the new icons are 15 years dated.

boss.king

macrumors 603
Apr 8, 2009
New version? What changed? Also, it's the exact same for OSX and Windows as far as I know (I'm assuming you're accessing it from the browser and not a desktop app?)

malman89

macrumors 68000
May 29, 2011
Michigan
New version? What changed? Also, it's the exact same for OSX and Windows as far as I know (I'm assuming you're accessing it from the browser and not a desktop app?)

+1

If you've merely seen the new gmail on Windows before OS X, it's either due to your OS X/browser being too dated or it's still on an initial roll out that will hit OS X in the same fashion.

I remember reading about the changes to come a month or so ago. Not looking forward to them, but I'm not sure if my computer will be part of the upgrade (if there is any cutoff).

velocityg4

macrumors 604
Dec 19, 2004
Georgia
Seems exactly the same to me on Thunderbird and my iPhone.:p

Seriously web based email has always sucked. You just can't manage numerous folders and multiple accounts as efficiently as you can with a good email client. By using IMAP everything stays consistent between devices.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.