Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
So I got it then I activated the LTE, but now I don't really want it. So I was trying to cancel the LTE but don't see the option anywhere, Verizon. I want to return it and get an IPad 4 wifi. I guess my only option is to use up all the data I can before 30 days, got it from Best Buy, then do an exchange. Right?

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Got iPad Mini lte verizon from Best Buy. I want to return it for an iPad 4 wifi. But I activated the LTE for 2GB. What can I do now? I don't see any option to cancel the LTE. Is my only option to use it the 2GB then return the mini?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Settings > Celular Data > View Account.
That should get you to a screen where you can cancel your data.

CNeufeld

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2009
Edmonton, AB
Did you try phoning Verizon?

And just because you paid for 2GB in advance doesn't mean you have to use that before you cancel your account or send the iPad back. Just because you pay for 2 hours in the parking meter, does that mean you have to wait till the two hours are up before you leave? Just pull the SIM out, phone Verizon to cancel your account, and send the Mini back to Apple or take it into the store. Your biggest risk is missing your return window to take your Mini back, or you'll end up having to try to sell that for a loss.

Clint

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
I guess my only option is to use up all the data I can before 30 days, got it from Best Buy, then do an exchange. Right?

If you got it from Best Buy why wouldn't you call them to find out instead of asking on a forum and getting answers that may or may not be true.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
So I got it then I activated the LTE, but now I don't really want it. So I was trying to cancel the LTE but don't see the option anywhere, Verizon. I want to return it and get an IPad 4 wifi. I guess my only option is to use up all the data I can before 30 days, got it from Best Buy, then do an exchange. Right?

Nooooo!!...I returned my iPad 4 for the iPad mini...you should do the same and keep it!!

Joking...we all can choose which iPad fits our needs best, enjoy

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
I asked the Magic8 Ball (seriously) and it said-

"Unclear - Call Best Buy"

So there ya go...

Shadyriley

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Thanks guys lol. It was late at night best buy was closed, wanted to see what you guys thought. I have 30 days to return it so I'm gonna play around with it see how I like it, use up the data.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.