Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sandelion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Bucharest, Romania
Hi,

I just bought a new router from TP-LINK, model TL-WR2543ND and i have a little problem.
When i switch from 5G to 2.4G the internet stops working (No internet connection). All my other devices are working fine with 2.4G, only on iMac i got this problem.

Any ideas ?
Thanks.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I can't think of any reason why this would be an issue.

Why do you want to go to 2.4GHz? 5GHz will be faster and have less interference from other things in your house.

Some base stations do offer the option to have both bands (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) active at the same time. If you need 2.4GHz connectivity a base station with proper dual band support might be better for you.

sandelion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Bucharest, Romania
I can't think of any reason why this would be an issue.

Why do you want to go to 2.4GHz? 5GHz will be faster and have less interference from other things in your house.

Some base stations do offer the option to have both bands (2.4GHz and 5 GHz) active at the same time. If you need 2.4GHz connectivity a base station with proper dual band support might be better for you.

Because my iphone and my ps3 can't detect the router when the band is set to 5G.

sandelion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Bucharest, Romania
It's an awful router, it's not even simultaneous dual band. Return it and buy something else.

Too late for returning and actually i'm very satisfied with this router, the speed is fast and i don't have any other problems. This "no internet connection" is happing only on iMac.

Last edited:

sandelion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Bucharest, Romania
PS3 doesn't have 5Ghz technology in it, only 2.4Ghz.

I know that. That's why i have to set the router on 2.4G.

Some details:
After the router is detected, i click connect, enter the password, i get full strenght but after 30 second - 1 minute i get "no internet connection" .

Looks exacty like this (but in english and of course other network names):

immagine5k.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.