Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huensli

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
OK, just got off the phone with Apple.

I didn't really expect this to take roughly an hour....

First off they guided me through a PRAM reset and a SMC reset. After that they offered me two choices: Getting it looked at/repaired (which I declined, it being a new machine) or getting a cost-free replacement.

After that the bargaining started: They stated that TNT (the transport company) needed a definite date for picking up the current machine-and they had no idea when the replacement would arrive at my place. This prompted me to get a wee bit insistent, because that put me at risk with being without a computer. Be that as it may, we finally settled on January 25 as the reference date for TNT-the guy at Apple couldn't guarantee anything, but he did guess that the machine should be arrive my place before then. This means that I could be without a computer for a few days at most (delivery date: January at the Apple Online Store)-and comparing old and new machine could be problematic, too. As for comparing, he did state that the old machine would have to be sent back-no comparing and keeping the better one. All this bargaining left a bit of a sour feeling in me, because I thought it would be less problematic.

Other than that it was exactly as you described. I'm not a confrontational person-should I have been more insistent?

Now I really have to keep my fingers crossed....

Hello

What then is a PRAM reset and a SMC reset.
What impact it had with you for?

Last edited by a moderator:

janknet

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
-> jrg1970
Because SMC reset and a repair I was also addressed - I then told right from the start I do not experiment, and a repair of the brand new iMac I do not want too!
I few hours later, again informed by telephone for delivery of the new iMac - which should be arriving next week, or at least sent!
TNT I'm also told I would be called the iMac next week at the earliest pick up Friday or let him drop off next week even where (drive on the way to work gets around this). Since I offered to call again next week, because NEM date, maybe I have! By then already NEN delivery of the new iMac

jrg1970

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Well, that sounds like my conversation with Apple. Only difference is that he told me he had no idea at all how fast it would go with the replacement. I was also the first with a defective iMac of the latest generation and according t him there is neither instructions nor experience in this regard. He also asked me to inform him when the replacement arrives.

I just hope that the target date works out and that the Replacement doesn't have problems. I do not know how Apple would react if I wanted a second replacement...

Thumbs podcast is now called the currency ....

Last edited:

blackhand1001

macrumors 68030
Jan 6, 2009

Huensli

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
Hello. Then divides but please even know if the replacement equipment is accurate or better. I'm still undecided.

Huensli

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
I just now decided to return the device.
Will then wait first, see how that develops with the yellow cast on.
Would be nice if you post your other experiences here.

Huensli

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
Und, wie war Dein Erlebnis mit Applecare? Telefontechnisch, meine ich.

Did not even call. Did the internet just to "returning" typed and the rest already happened automatically. Now I'm waiting for a call from TNT that you pick up the device. Guess I will then take time in mid-January to the Apple Store in Oberhausen. Perhaps one can then test a device before buying. Otherwise, I'll probably end of January again order a device on the Internet. It's silly if the display should be so different. In a local reseller of screen in my opinion was not quite perfect, but it's better than mine.

Huensli

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
and ... someone has already gotten resupplied the iMac? If the display is better?

janknet

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
my middle is sent and should arrive by the end of the week!

jrg1970

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
Mine is due on January 10. I am quite nervous. Hopefully I have luck this time.

Last edited:

janknet

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
Hello my replacement Mac came today!
Looks good at first glance, from no visible yellowing!
Now I do the Time Machine restore and reports again later!

janknet

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2012
my first iMac 27 had a yellow Display, grey and yellow bars in this forum are different on the top-side of the display (1/3 white / 2/3 yellow)!
The second iMac is now here and had no yellow issue because the complete Display shows the same color temperature of grey and white bars!

i hope you can read my bad english :)

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
-> Chuckstones

:D

my first iMac 27 had a yellow Display, grey and yellow bars in this forum are different on the top-side of the display (1/3 white / 2/3 yellow)!
The second iMac is now here and had no yellow issue because the complete Display shows the same color temperature of grey and white bars!

Nothing wrong with your English, the going language is English, if you make a mistake and someone Jokes about it just report the User, it is not OK on this forum to complain about grammar or spelling errors.
You are Ok and doing fine.

Chuckstones

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012

:D

Your English is fine! Keep it up! Lol

Glad you got sorted and that you eventually got a uniform screen like myself!!;)

Susan552

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
I can sort of see it. It's definitely not evenly lit. It's up to you (obviously) if you want to bring it in. IMO, such an expensive machine should be perfect. At this time, it would probably be tough to get a new one, though

Chuckstones

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2012
At this time, it would probably be tough to get a new one, though
I think it depends which model you have.
I have the base 21.5". I got my original and 2 advanced replacements all within 2 weeks. And that was over the Xmas period!!

All done over the phone with AppleCare.
Saved going into those nasty apple stores. You come out of there with radiation burns, with the all the bright lighting!:cool:

jrg1970

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
My replacement arrived today. Will be setting it up this afternoon and report back after that.

Last edited:

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
MOD NOTE

We have removed some off-topic posts from this thread, and also translated a number of German posts into English.

Though we have no specific rules for the language of discussion on these forums, the majority of members are English speaking and as such to allow the questions to be answered by all, we feel that posting should also be encouraged in English.

I hope Google translate was adequate in the translation.

jrg1970

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2012
OK, all done.

I consider mine OK now-either there is no tinge anymore or it's almost unnoticeable. I've been doing that test with the two grey bars and any perceived difference between the two could be imagination or due to the viewing angle.

Also, no backlight bleed, as far as I can tell and no other issues.

I'm content.

Last edited:

Pixelchen

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
hi all,

the display of my new iMac 27".. (5 days old!)

img6455sa.jpg

img6456q.jpg

apple send me a new iMac in 3-4 weeks..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.