Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spartacvs

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2013
Late 2009 Mac Mini, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.26 GHz, 8GB Ram and 128GB SSD. I also have the Apple Magic Trackpad, Apple wired Keyboard hidden and a Logitech MX 1100 mouse along with a Venus USB 2.0 webcam.

Attachments

• DSC01367.jpg
    DSC01367.jpg
    501.6 KB · Views: 339

slickadam

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012
Germany & Hungary
here is my "theme park" with my precious in the middle (base 2012 mini, 8 gb ram) :)

sorry for the picture quality...:S

Attachments

• Foto Jan 05, 12 33 19.jpg
    Foto Jan 05, 12 33 19.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 479

liquidxts

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
=)

Hello, I'm Sna. Nice to meet you all =)

Late 2012 Mac Mini 2.3 i7 16GB Ram 256 Crucial M4 SSD/1TB HDD
1TB Lacie external HD (Time machine purpose)
Two 24" Samsung Syncmaster
Klipsch Promedia 2.1
HDMI matrix switcher (2 monitors and 1 46" Samsung LED (not pictured) Mirrored/not mirrored to my Mac Mini

11_zpsed0ca137.jpg

22_zpsab9e8ae0.jpg

kobyh15

macrumors 6502a
Jan 29, 2011
I currently have the 16gb ram option. i have it ran thru my Denon audio/video receiver, i selected this setup so that i can listen to my music through my home theater system.

Which Denon receiver do you have and do you like it? I'm in the market for a receiver and have heard good things about Denon.

MJ23

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2012
how do you like the LG 22" IPS-224V ?

They are actually my first full HD screens (my TV is HD-ready because of budget problems :p) and when i compare them they are sharper and look better (but this is logical imo). Don't have any full HD monitors to compare but i bought them for € 150 each, think they are worth the money i guess.

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
Attached is a photo of my setup. I actually have a 2010 mini server running ML client, but the setup would look the same for a 2012 mini. I recently installed an SSD in one drive bay and the difference is amazing. :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN1096.JPG
    DSCN1096.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 430

Azlynn

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
how do you like the LG 22" IPS-224V ?

I have the 234, bought cheaply from Costco. I'm very happy with it, colours are mindblowing, and it always looks good. Only thing I'm not a fan of is the stand... It's a bit wobbly, and has a huge base. I'd rather wall mount it, where possible.

CtotheP

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
Silicon Valley
Finally got around to snapping a picture.

2012 Mac Mini (2.3 i7, 16gb ram, Fusion)
2 - LG E2350V LED Monitors
MiniStack v2.5 (500gb backup hard drive)
Logitech Speakers, m310 mouse, C525 webcam, K750 Mac Keyboard

(Sorry for the Orange hue, I've got some "artful" lighting in the office)

Attachments

• MacMini.JPG
    MacMini.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 351

iamsen47

macrumors regular
Aug 18, 2012
Kobe, Japan
Attached is a photo of my setup. I actually have a 2010 mini server running ML client, but the setup would look the same for a 2012 mini. I recently installed an SSD in one drive bay and the difference is amazing. :eek:

That's a cool table. Is it actually marble?

radiohed

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2007
Portland, ME
That's a cool table. Is it actually marble?

No my desk is actually made of composite material with a sand like finish. It was a tall, four level corner desk that I had for years. I took it apart, discarded all of the metal framework and then epoxied the shelves together and put them on the plaster pedestals. I really like how it looks and it is very heavy and sturdy. :cool:

I also love my Viewsonic VX2370 IPS monitor because the stand is very stable and has no wobble at all. Great display quality too! :D

Moff23

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
Mini i7, Samsung s24b750, Logitech Z-906, Xbox 360, WD Studio usb 3 2TB,Samsung 500GB as time machine, Seagate 1TB and some other things

Attachments

• obrázek.JPG
    obrázek.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 280
Last edited:

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
But don't you find the pixel density a bit low though?

Not really. I'm not one that needs extreme high resolutions to be happy. This monitor is a shade better than 1080p, and for the graphics chip I have it's perfect.

I would rather have slightly lower pixel density and have excellent performance than have a retina display that can't have any sort of frame rate. And honestly, I don't think the graphics chips of today are quite ready for 4K monitors yet.

iRCL

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2011
I've spent the last couple of days getting my first Mac set up and everything migrated from my old PC. Here's my setup:

Mac Mini - i7 2.6, Fusion Drive, 16Gb (Third Party)

I LOVE how silent this thing is! :)

Congratulations, welcome to the party

Unrelated to the quote, there are some really super nice setups here (and some super goofy ones but to each his own!)

I'm always playing ping pong between computer setups, always Apple but I've been up and down the product lines. I think if I were to go non-laptop, it would be the mini.

I notice that I don't see any Apple displays though. Interesting. With the latest iMacs, it begs the question of whether they will update their Thunderbolt display.

I see more practicality of Mac Mini + Nice Display than of iMac due to the simple fact that it's easy to swap computers if you're one of those freaks like me that upgrades once or twice a year

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
Congratulations, welcome to the party

Unrelated to the quote, there are some really super nice setups here (and some super goofy ones but to each his own!)

I'm always playing ping pong between computer setups, always Apple but I've been up and down the product lines. I think if I were to go non-laptop, it would be the mini.

I notice that I don't see any Apple displays though. Interesting. With the latest iMacs, it begs the question of whether they will update their Thunderbolt display.

I see more practicality of Mac Mini + Nice Display than of iMac due to the simple fact that it's easy to swap computers if you're one of those freaks like me that upgrades once or twice a year

I have a TBD. I took pictures last week but I keep forgetting to post them. I have set an area reminder for when I get home tonight. ;) I posted a page or 2 back. I have a 2012 i7 2.3, TBD, Twelve South HiRise, Twelve South Backpack and a boatload of external drives...

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009

My BDrom and 2TB FireWire MyBooks under the printer.

Side view with the Mini on the Backpack.

New 4TB USB 3.0 MyBook used for Time Machine in the HiRise under the TBD.

Very happy with the setup and the Twelve South HiRise and Backpack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.