Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MattA

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Orlando, FL
a few of mine :cool:

scirocco pics

My previous car below which i only just got rid of as i was sentimental about it

I am sooooooo jealous. I would love a Scirocco TDI! In the USA we're the bottom feeders of what VW offers. I currently drive a 2001 Golf TDI. It's been a great car, but I'm starting to want a new one.

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
First Subaru and loving it:

caroo.jpg

2012 Impreza

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
I am sooooooo jealous. I would love a Scirocco TDI! In the USA we're the bottom feeders of what VW offers. I currently drive a 2001 Golf TDI. It's been a great car, but I'm starting to want a new one.

The blue Golf in the picture was also a TDI (2003) it was the GT TDI PD150 loved that car :0) spent a fortune on it :eek:

The Rocco is the 170 stage 1 remapped but thats as far as the mods have gone on it, didn't realise you didn't get them there :(

lejudicieux

macrumors member
Aug 22, 2010
Infiniti I30

As someone who frequently (but silently) browses the picture gallery oftern, I have to say that you have always taken amazing care of that car. It's it's a beautiful car as well. I've always been a fan of the I, first gen M, and Q.

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
As someone who frequently (but silently) browses the picture gallery oftern, I have to say that you have always taken amazing care of that car. It's it's a beautiful car as well. I've always been a fan of the I, first gen M, and Q.

Thank you. I like to keep it looking nice because to me, I kinda feel that if I just leave it without a wash for a really long time, it gives off the impression that I don't care which is the opposite of how I am with the car. That and I like how nice it looks when it's clean, as anyone would. It also only has 44k miles at the moment on a 13 year old car so it's nice that the appearance reflects the mileage rather than the age :D Although I will say that I'm not buying a white car again just because of how much it shows dirt.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I really enjoy it! Coming from a Corolla, the Impreza is so much more fun to drive. It has responsive handling and has some decent pickup. Definitely a lot more fun to drive than the GF's Prius.

How's the Prius? I want one since I have a 20mile commute round trip. My 13mi/gal truck doesn't like it.

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
How's the Prius? I want one since I have a 20mile commute round trip. My 13mi/gal truck doesn't like it.

It's a smooth ride but it doesn't have the best handling, although it works as you probably wouldn't be driving a Prius that aggressive to begin with. Its funny when the GF drives my car as she always ends up quickly accelerating since she has to really hit the gas pedal to go in her car. Overall, it's not a bad ride.

Hard to beat the gas milage on the Prius though. Love it when we take road trips, getting well over 50mi/gal. And to think it gets better gas mileage in stop and go traffic.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
It's a smooth ride but it doesn't have the best handling, although it works as you probably wouldn't be driving a Prius that aggressive to begin with. Its funny when the GF drives my car as she always ends up quickly accelerating since she has to really hit the gas pedal to go in her car. Overall, it's not a bad ride.

Hard to beat the gas milage on the Prius though. Love it when we take road trips, getting well over 50mi/gal. And to think it gets better gas mileage in stop and go traffic.

What year is it? I'd like to get I believe the 2009+, where the shifter is like in the center console. I wouldn't mind a Prius C. I'd just store my truck and use it when needed.

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
What year is it? I'd like to get I believe the 2009+, where the shifter is like in the center console. I wouldn't mind a Prius C. I'd just store my truck and use it when needed.

It's a 2009. My GF and I really like the Prius C. If the C was available when she bought her car, I have no doubt she would of got that instead.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
It's a 2009. My GF and I really like the Prius C. If the C was available when she bought her car, I have no doubt she would of got that instead.

I'm 6'3 and when the Mazda 2 came out I wanted it, granted I'll be driving from the back seat. Then I seen the Mini Cooper and almost bought one, then I sat in a FIAT. I think the Prius C would e awesome, and I'd get the base model since its so cheap.

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
I'm 6'3 and when the Mazda 2 came out I wanted it, granted I'll be driving from the back seat. Then I seen the Mini Cooper and almost bought one, then I sat in a FIAT. I think the Prius C would e awesome, and I'd get the base model since its so cheap.

Definitely worth the look if you're in the market for a car.

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
:eek:Sooooooo jealous.:eek: The Scirocco is such a beautiful car. I love my CC, but would dump her in an instant for a Scirocco with a 2.0T.
Ive had 7 dubs over the years, there is non i covet more then the Roc

The Rocco is the first non Golf I have ever owned but I do absolutely love it :cool:

Had 7 Golfs before it :cool: the only thing I might change it for is a TT RS but still not quite in my budget

LotusLord

macrumors 6502a
The Rocco is the first non Golf I have ever owned but I do absolutely love it :cool:

Had 7 Golfs before it :cool: the only thing I might change it for is a TT RS but still not quite in my budget

Love my Golf. We are indeed pretty limited in the US with what VW offers though, the thought apparently that the sirocco would cannibalize sales on the Golf and maybe the New Beetle as well.

oneijose

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2009
Brooklyn NY
After waiting a week the dealer finally got it. It's not easy finding a stick in NJ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 162

Gozar

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2011
Austin, TX
My 2011 Hyundai Genesis 4.6L V8.

Attachments

• IMG_4037.JPG
    IMG_4037.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 146
  • IMG_4042.JPG
    IMG_4042.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.