Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeLoMan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Hi there. I recently purchased an EyeTV 250 Plus and digitized a vintage concert VHS last night. I have several other copies of this video, however this one has the best picture quality out of all of them. The audio, however, is much worse in this copy.

I used Audio Hijack to extract the audio of the best copy (saved as Apple Lossless format) and I want to insert it into my recording to replace the current poor quality audio track.

My question: What software do I need to do this to maintain the excellent video quality? I can export out of EyeTV to nearly any video format, and I also have Quicktime 7 Pro.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
Export from EyeTv to Quicktime. Choose the DV setting to preserve the quality. Import that into iMovie and put it in a Project. Use the Detach Audio option in the Clip menu to get rid of the audio. Drag and drop your good audio ON TOP of the video, and then adjust it's position to sync it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.