Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
Hi,
I was wondering whether there was a full, simplified changelog of what has been added/changed/fixed in all of the iOS 6.1 betas so far, so not just each individual one? Sorry if I am completely missing the obvious.....

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Hi,
I was wondering whether there was a full, simplified changelog of what has been added/changed/fixed in all of the iOS 6.1 betas so far, so not just each individual one? Sorry if I am completely missing the obvious.....

A change log is just that. If it is not changed it won't be mentioned. I guess I'm confused as to what you were expecting to see.
Remember Apple calls it their Release Notes, not a change log per say.

bearda

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2005
Roanoke, VA
I think he's looking for a consolidated changelog from 6.0.2 to the current 6.1 beta to see what will be included in the 6.1 release.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
I think he's looking for a consolidated changelog from 6.0.2 to the current 6.1 beta to see what will be included in the 6.1 release.

That's exactly what I'm looking for :) If anyone finds one please let me know

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Yeah thanks, forgot to mention I'd see that.
I just find it hard to believe that that is all that's being added when its a 6.x, if that was it surely it should be 6.0.1? If you see what I mean....

I guess there is some confusion. Apple never really shows/reports what will be in the final product. After each beta the release notes are leaked and people guess. The only way you will know what will be in 6.1 is to wait when it is released. The rest are rumors.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yeah thanks, forgot to mention I'd see that.
I just find it hard to believe that that is all that's being added when its a 6.x, if that was it surely it should be 6.0.1? If you see what I mean....

Unless something is included in the GM or final release, that's all it is.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
I guess there is some confusion. Apple never really shows/reports what will be in the final product. After each beta the release notes are leaked and people guess. The only way you will know what will be in 6.1 is to wait when it is released. The rest are rumors.

Ok thanks. I've just got myself an iPad mini, a few days ago.... Bought a UDID space and have just installed the latest beta. I guess as you say we will have to wait until release..... Maybe they're holding off putting in new features until then, or the GM? Either way, I personally cannot notice any differences yet, apart from that one maps "report a problem" (on the iPad mini at least.....)

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Ok thanks. I've just got myself an iPad mini, a few days ago.... Bought a UDID space and have just installed the latest beta. I guess as you say we will have to wait until release..... Maybe they're holding off putting in new features until then, or the GM? Either way, I personally cannot notice any differences yet, apart from that one maps "report a problem" (on the iPad mini at least.....)

It's because you are not a developer. Trust me there are differences. :D

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
I suspect you are expecting major changes. It's only a point release, not iOS 7. Under the hood changes are great. Bug fixes, etc. Those will be the major things changed in 6.1.

I was, because if you look at the changes from 5.0-5.1 there are a few more noticeable ones than a "bigger report a problem button" in maps

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
I was, because if you look at the changes from 5.0-5.1 there are a few more noticeable ones than a "bigger report a problem button" in maps

With Apple only time will tell. A general rule of thumb is to look forward to major releases , everything from 6 to 7 will be bug fixes. This way you won't be too disappointed and will be excited if anything new shows up.

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
With Apple only time will tell. A general rule of thumb is to look forward to major releases , everything from 6 to 7 will be bug fixes. This way you won't be too disappointed and will be excited if anything new shows up.

Ok, thanks again :)

AlphaVictor87

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2011
Saint Louis, MO

What changes were there that were big from 5.0 to 5.1? all i remember was mostly bug fixes and very minor changes.

At least that's all i see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_5#5.0

I remember when 5.1 came out was when I was reading posts of people accepting that a .x release will no longer be featuring "big changes" or new features. At least thats what i'm expecting is nothing new other than bug fixes.

This way if i'm right i'm not dissapointed, if i'm wrong i'll be plesantly surprised

EDIT: damn i really have to read everyones posts lol

beat me to it mrapplegate

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
What changes were there that were big from 5.0 to 5.1? all i remember was mostly bug fixes and very minor changes.

At least that's all i see here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_5#5.0

I remember when 5.1 came out was when I was reading posts of people accepting that a .x release will no longer be featuring "big changes" or new features. At least thats what i'm expecting is nothing new other than bug fixes.

This way if i'm right i'm not dissapointed, if i'm wrong i'll be plesantly surprised

EDIT: damn i really have to read everyones posts lol

beat me to it mrapplegate

There were a few bigger ones, like the redesigned camera app on iPad, I mean it's more than is currently shown in the 6.1 betas

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
What's the process updating from beta 4 to the final release issued by software update. Can you just update, or what?

chumps52

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Scotland
That's more than 3 weeks. Apple personnel must be racking their brains to insert in some last minute feature so that their changelog won't look so stale and empty.

Yeah hopefully :) Probably best not to get our hopes up though....
More likely they're still trying to figure out a way to fix maps ;)

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
Yeah hopefully :) Probably best not to get our hopes up though....
More likely they're still trying to figure out a way to fix maps ;)

You do realize that maps are server-based and fixing it doesn't require a firmware update?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.