Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
What do you mean? Swap it from the old iPad? Why dont you go to their FAQ and find out?!

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
Maybe yes, maybe no. Not everyone's install/reinstall abilities are the same. Try it and see how it goes. I personally don't have much luck reapplying them but others have certainly done so.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Thanks, dinggus, for the helpful info. Their FAQ doesn't have that info and a google search didn't help. ;)

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Can I reinstall the PowerSupport+protector I have, or is that really not feasible?

Are you asking if you are physically able to reinstall it? If so then we would not be able to answer that.

If you are asking if it would be ok if you reinstalled the one you removed then it would be best if you ask the company that makes the product instead of some random people on a forum that do not have direct knowledge in the design and support of the product.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
protector I have, or is that really not feasible?

I personally wouldn't risk putting it back on. It may have dust or debris stuck to the sticky side. Also, since it probably isn't very expensive (compared to the iPad), I'd just replace it so you can get the best look. It won't look that great if you reuse the old one.

In my opinion, don't use one at all. I've never used a screen protector on 3 of my iPads and I've never scratched the screen.

sixxmum

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2010
Whew. Tough crowd. I guess I should have worded my question more like "has anyone here had specific experience with attempting to reinstall the PowerSupport or similar screen protectors and exactly how did that work out for you?"

I'll be more careful next time.

Good points, HazyCloud. I'm actually considering going without one. I almost always have it in a case anyway.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Whew. Tough crowd. I guess I should have worded my question more like "has anyone here had specific experience with attempting to reinstall the PowerSupport or similar screen protectors and exactly how did that work out for you?"

Good points, HazyCloud. I'm actually considering going without one. I almost always have it in a case anyway.

Please don't think everyone here is a tough crowd. There's always someone here willing to help without being snarky. It may just take a few comments before you can find a decent response. :)

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California

You could always try it and if it doesnt work, well... It doesnt work. My prefered method of installing these is in a damp room (like a bathroom after the shower has been running). The damp air might just take all of the dust out of the room to put it back on the new one. Try it, maybe it will work. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.