Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

macbook_air_13_20121.jpg
Apple today pushed out a new EFI Firmware Update 2.6 for the mid-2012 MacBook Air, which comes with several bug fixes for the MacBook Airs that were released in June alongside the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro.
This update fixes a color issue with HDMI displays connected to MacBook Air, resolves an issue with Windows which can prevent MacBook Air from booting properly, and also resolves an issue where unplugging a Thunderbolt device may cause the system to freeze when waking from standby.
The EFI update should be available in the Mac App Store for mid-2012 MacBook Airs and can also be downloaded from the Apple Support site.

Article Link: Apple Releases EFI Firmware Update 2.6 for MacBook Air

RamGuy

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
Norway
But does it fix the "no audio" bug under Windows 8 EFI installations on the MacBook Pro 15" Retina model?

Siri's assist.

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2011
But does it fix the "no audio" bug under Windows 8 EFI installations on the MacBook Pro 15" Retina model?

You don‘t really expect an update for one particular product (MacBook Air) to fix an issue with a different product (MacBook Pro), do you?
;-)

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009

Are you certain this isn't an issue with Windows 8 drives and RealTek audio on Apple hardware? Unfamiliar with this issue, I quickly researched some threads, etc and found some were able to resolve the issue by manually uninstalled the Apple provided Bootcamp drivers and installing [separately] just the graphics drivers and audio directly from the manufacturer sites.

sundragon

macrumors 6502
Dec 27, 2011
Washington, DC
I just got my MBA 13 - When I installed Boot Camp (Windows 7 64-bit) I realized the Boot Camp included graphics drivers weren't the most recent ones from Intel. They were 3 versions behind. I tried installing the most recent ones from Intel's website and they wouldn't work properly. Something about the Apple firmware being incompatible with features in the newer drivers.

I then saw the EFI update 2.6, which I installed. I retried the most recen't HD Graphics 4000 from Intel's website and they worked. Not sure what changed but that did it.

Version: 15.28.12.2932(9.17.10.2932) for Windows 7 and 8

NJcelt

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2013
NJ south east
Was waiting for a few bugs, to be worked out. I should be the proud owner, of one soon.
Not sure if I should go with MBA, or MBP, though. Thoughts? Do both run Win 7x64 fine in bootcamp?

4n6x

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2013
EFI 2.6 - now my trackpad is unusable

My lovely MBA worked perfectly until I updated to EFI 2.6. Immediately after the update the trackpad became unusable - randomly clicking on anything the mouse tracks over. I end up launching apps/moving files selecting screen areas.

I've googled and see loads of others are suffering similar symptoms.

I've tried cleaning it, "earthing" my left hand on the case to the left of the TP, running on Battery and mains - its the same all the time.

Sometimes, after a restart, it behaves for a few minutes then it starts again.

Using a mouse is the only option - work perfectly.

Any ideas (Apple - are you reading this?)

I'm considering rolling the EFI back if thats possible. The MBA is unusable without mouse :-(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.