Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
It's all down to preference, i prefer LED to plasma after comparing many tv's & many pictures.

I have read a few view reviews on the plasma panasonic & there was quite a bit of talk on screen/image burn.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
What makes you think that?
Apple will most likely have one model and one size priced at $4000. Samsung has 100s of models at all different prices and sizes. I don't see Apple winning market share in the TV market the way it did with the iPhone.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Apple will most likely have one model and one size priced at $4000. Samsung has 100s of models at all different prices and sizes. I don't see Apple winning market share in the TV market the way it did with the iPhone.

I think Apple will have two sizes. It will be high end pricing so most likely in the £1600/£1800 region.

You can see many companies trying to bring out smart TV's and they're not quite right. Apple will lead the way in Smart TV's and all will follow.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
In the past, plasma TVs were supposed to be better for sports due to their higher refresh rate. But new LEDs have higher refresh rates. I'd go to a store and look at something comparable to see how much of a difference there is.

hulk2012

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2012
In the past, plasma TVs were supposed to be better for sports due to their higher refresh rate. But new LEDs have higher refresh rates. I'd go to a store and look at something comparable to see how much of a difference there is.

Don't fool yourself... It's like going to see doctor to deal with your flu. Naive..

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Don't fool yourself... It's like going to see doctor to deal with your flu. Naive..
In 2 years everything will be OLED. Plasma and lcd will soon die off.

----------

I think Apple will have two sizes. It will be high end pricing so most likely in the £1600/£1800 region.

You can see many companies trying to bring out smart TV's and they're not quite right. Apple will lead the way in Smart TV's and all will follow.
The common user doesn't care aout smart tv's they just want a good looking picture for a decent price. If Apple can't offer that they won't gain market.

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
It's amazing how bad a bad reputation plasma TVs get. They offer the best quality picture (get ready about the 4k/oled the costs are crazy) and are a bargain price compared to their LCD and LED competition. Not to mention, how thin do you honestly need your TV to be?

----------

Most people can't notice the difference between 120hz and 240hz but remember plasmas are 600hz. Whether you can notice the difference that's up to your eyes.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Stay away from plasma TVs. They cost a fortune (literally) to fix if it craps out on you. And LCD is so 2006. Get an LED TV. You'll generally get a much brighter display with more vivid colors. Also, why do you want a 3D TV? How often do you watch in 3D? Just curious. I don't find 3D TVs anywhere near worth what they're selling for. Personally, I think this whole 3D thing is just a fad. If you watch a lot of sports, which you stated, I suggest getting a TV with a high refresh rate of at least 120Hz. Hope this helps.

LCD is so 2006? You do realize that LED displays are just LCDs with a different backlight, right?

fiddlestyx

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Minnesota
They sure make it confusing - Especially for people who aren’t technically inclined. But pretty much all TVs these days should have LED backlights... So yeah.

It's always amazed me how uninformed consumers are when it comes to electronics, especially TVs. People are willing to drop all their money and fail to do proper research on what they're buying. Oh well, not my money. :shrug:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.