Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edrixc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Hi guys, I just got my iPhone 5, restored everything from iCloud, updated it to ios6.0.2 and synced it with my MacBookPro to get my music. Unfortunately even if i successfully synced the music with the iPhone, when i try to access the music from the iphone, the music is greyed out. What does that mean?

P.S. The music in my iTunes is not greyed out.

Thanks,

Frederick

sagar4995

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2012
Dubai, UAE
i faced this on my i4 a few months back when i sync'd via wi-fi. it was pretty weird. i re-synced with the usb cable n that seemed to fix it. didn't face the issue again.

VolceOntra

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2007
I ran into this issue too. It basically means that those songs are to be synced into the phone, but the sync was interrupted and thus weren't. They should sync automatically once you plug your phone in again.

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Hi guys, I just got my iPhone 5, restored everything from iCloud, updated it to ios6.0.2 and synced it with my MacBookPro to get my music. Unfortunately even if i successfully synced the music with the iPhone, when i try to access the music from the iphone, the music is greyed out. What does that mean?

P.S. The music in my iTunes is not greyed out.

Thanks,

Frederick
When syncing, iTunes first sends a list of the songs that are going to be synced, and then starts sending over the songs. If the sync is interrupted before all of the songs are transferred, the songs that are not yet on the device will be greyed out.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
When syncing, iTunes first sends a list of the songs that are going to be synced, and then starts sending over the songs. If the sync is interrupted before all of the songs are transferred, the songs that are not yet on the device will be greyed out.

This, the same thing happens in iTunes, the files are "pre-loaded" and will appear there, but can't actually play until the sync is complete.

BeccaK

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2013
Right click on your device under the Devices tab on the iTunes sidebar and click on "Transfer Purchases."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.