Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
This has to be one of the best posts i have seen here in a long tine. :cool:

It's been almost as long as these tines since I saw a post that good...
Long_2_Tine_Weeding_Fork_by_Sneeboer_1s__27966.1336856719.1280.1280.jpg

... Sorry :eek:

goosnarrggh

macrumors 68000
May 16, 2006
Um, NO. You're trying to put a clever twist on it, but the fact remains that not all those people who voice their opinions on the gay marriage issue are doing it because they are hateful bigots, as is the case when it comes to discriminating against women or blacks.

In fact, people have attempted to use biblical and theological arguments to push agendas of racial segregation and misogyny.

Certainly, not everybody who argues for male domination over females in civic, as well as domestic and ecclesiastical spheres, does so out of a genuine desire to adhere to their deeply held religious teachings and beliefs; but there is evidence that some do.

It is perfectly apt to classify the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-gay-marriage argument on exactly the same footing as the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-universal-suffrage argument, or the anti-mixed-race argument.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
It is perfectly apt to classify the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-gay-marriage argument on exactly the same footing as the spectrum of justifications feeding the anti-universal-suffrage argument, or the anti-mixed-race argument.

It may be appropriate at times, but it's never the intelligent thing to do.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
MOD NOTE: Thread here is to discuss how MR deals with anti-gay speech. The larger issues should only be discussed within PRSI.

This thread has run its course.

B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.