Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sun.shyne

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
Uh - not sure about costs yet, but there are most definitely benefits. (401k health vision dental)

Not aware of any "three year" discount, but there is an employee discount available.

It's unlikely anyone will be willing to discuss the details here on the forum, Naboh. (NDA)

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I am in an upcoming training class, but I can relate to those who are frustrated with this type of work. Highly trained technical people usually aren't content with a customer service job. That is what this is.

I worked at home for a cable/internet/phone company. The training was fast, brief and skimming. You had to be able to make it work for you. I did. I'm good at researching and figuring things out on my own, so I did well. The difference is the job paid 45% percent less than this and had NO benefits. None. If you go into this job content that it's a customer service position, you'll probably do alright.

As for difficult/stupid people, they are ALL over. I had a lady take a swing at me when I worked in bookkeeping at a bank because she was overdrawn and we'd charged her fees. 0.o I had a lady yelling at me about her Internet not working, and when I finally calmed her down to analyze the problem - her computer was turned off. Yup. Seriously. It's just all part of being a CSR.

For those who are discontent, I hope something turns up for you to truly utilize the skills you have. I am sure it's frustrating for you.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I recently took my first sick day after being on the job 4 months.. not because I was that ill but because I had to get away from the d**n phone for a couple of days. The job frustrates me to no end and I don't know how much longer I'll stick with it if I can't switch to CPU or one of the more tech oriented groups in the near future.

A couple of things... yes it is a CSR job but if you're not technically inclined you're gonna have a bad time. We have a few really good CSR people on our team but their csats are in the tank because they're just not that good at problem solving, they're just good on the phone.

The job is not for everyone. At the beginning of training we had almost 30 people, we're down to less than 20 still on the phones. Seems we lost a few after the big Xmas checks went out.... and here I thought I'd be one of the first to bail on this job.

sun.shyne

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
A couple of things... yes it is a CSR job but if you're not technically inclined you're gonna have a bad time. We have a few really good CSR people on our team but their csats are in the tank because they're just not that good at problem solving, they're just good on the phone.

I totally understand. While it wasn't as in depth as I'm sure this job will be (I'm in CPU), when I did tech support for internet/phone I didn't have to struggle with the technical side of things like others did. These types of jobs are definitely hybrids between customer service and tech support. I do feel fortunate that I'm starting in CPU over iOS.

Naboh

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2009
They stopped that discount and there are zero benefits.

Thanks Guys,
And I use that terms for all genders.
Just trying to do a budget for the new year.

Yea, I guess it is inappropriate for this venue.

Do you think if I call HR I could get the info rather than wait for training.

What the hell, I will.

Thanks again.

Called, no go, for perfectly reasonable reasons.

What happens if I open the envelope that comes with the iMac BEFORE the training starts?????

Last edited:

sun.shyne

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
What happens if I open the envelope that comes with the iMac BEFORE the training starts?????

I was wondering the same thing. The odds of that box sitting there and waiting to be installed on the first day of training for me are about 50/1. I like getting myself organized and taking my time to get my space figured out. If I do setup early, I won't connect power/internet until the morning I'm supposed to.

Unless there's a hidden camera in the folder/box? :eek:
Heh.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I totally understand. While it wasn't as in depth as I'm sure this job will be (I'm in CPU), when I did tech support for internet/phone I didn't have to struggle with the technical side of things like others did. These types of jobs are definitely hybrids between customer service and tech support. I do feel fortunate that I'm starting in CPU over iOS.

To this day I kick myself for applying last July instead August when they started the CPU hiring craze. What's done is done I suppose but if I can't get out of iOS within a month or so I'll bail on this job for sure. I'm still at 100% with csats but I'm beginning to lose my patience with certain types of customers.

Pilot DC

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I recently took my first sick day after being on the job 4 months.. not because I was that ill but because I had to get away from the d**n phone for a couple of days. The job frustrates me to no end and I don't know how much longer I'll stick with it if I can't switch to CPU or one of the more tech oriented groups in the near future.

The job is not for everyone. At the beginning of training we had almost 30 people, we're down to less than 20 still on the phones. Seems we lost a few after the big Xmas checks went out.... and here I thought I'd be one of the first to bail on this job.

Nothing like taking a sick day, using sick time you earned, and then getting hit with an incident point! Why the hell give us sick time if we are punished for using it.

----------

Anyone get an offer for a 1/28 class? I have a friend who has been through the HireRight process and has been waiting to hear something.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Nothing like taking a sick day, using sick time you earned, and then getting hit with an incident point! Why the hell give us sick time if we are punished for using it.

Even though AHA has been around for quite a while there are still some major bugs in the whole system. Part of it is my fault, I've never had to deal with a corporate bureaucracy that's the size of a small country. That being said, there are plenty of communications, software and HR issues that I have no control over.

macrobatt

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
So i have my first interview just past noon EST via FaceTime, and I am very nervous about it. Ive seen a handfull of example questions (8 I believe), but does anyone have a more complete list to help me prepare better? I have just over 4 hours to prepare myself and I really don't want to botch it.

check email

sun.shyne

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2012
]Anyone get an offer for a 1/28 class? I have a friend who has been through the HireRight process and has been waiting to hear something.

I was interviewed for a 1/28 CPU, but when the offer came it was an actual start date of 1/21. I could be wrong, but I don't think the 1/28-1/21 job is possible. I do believe there is a March class (maybe Feb) they are hiring for. That's probably the one he/she would be in.

gamenlegend

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2012
Finally the new year is over and the holidays passed. Hopefully the EMEA queue stops calling me!!! Tired of the majority of their accents and disconnects/call quality. Been a great 4/5 months. Customers get very tiring sometimes. Somedays I consider calling in and quitting or just taking a sick day off. Like the money and love the benefits. Looking forward to advancement opportunities and seeing how well things work out with university this semester. Hopefully I maintain my position as one of the top 10 advisors in my area :D

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Uh - not sure about costs yet, but there are most definitely benefits. (401k health vision dental)

Not aware of any "three year" discount, but there is an employee discount available.

It's unlikely anyone will be willing to discuss the details here on the forum, Naboh. (NDA)

3 yr discount is still there.

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
By the way guys I have reported this thread to Apple as people are giving out what appears to be secret information. I have forwarded to them specific names of forum members guilty of this as well.

roger306

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
I have a question about the questionairre. I received it today after submitting my application and was just wondering how you guys responded back. Like did you attach a file with the questions answered or did you just answer the questions directly in the email and sent it that way?

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
By the way guys I have reported this thread to Apple as people are giving out what appears to be secret information. I have forwarded to them specific names of forum members guilty of this as well.

You're what I call a fapple. So fanatic about apple and their products that you'll bin any sense of reason just to take a dump on a genuine discussion just so you can fap over apple that little bit more. :rolleyes:

How many hands did you slap on the latest product release then eh? I imagine you've got a mental tally.:D

53433_700b.jpg

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012

LOL, you really need to take a refresher course in trolling.

"secret information"? Sounds like your working with a decoder ring from a box of Cracker Jacks.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Everything on this site is public information and is available on the internet.

Employee discount:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/2012/06/22/apple-improves-employee-discount-program/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-57457813-37/apple-employees-can-now-score-$500-off-macs-$250-off-ipads/

Troll...

----------

I was wondering the same thing. The odds of that box sitting there and waiting to be installed on the first day of training for me are about 50/1. I like getting myself organized and taking my time to get my space figured out. If I do setup early, I won't connect power/internet until the morning I'm supposed to.

Unless there's a hidden camera in the folder/box? :eek:
Heh.

I opened mine up.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Everything on this site is public information and is available on the internet.

I opened mine up.

I've been on this thread from day 1 and have yet to see something that is not available to the general public. Sometimes the opinions I've shared have pushed the envelope a bit but they're just that...opinions. Honestly, I don't think Apple cares too much about what the low level minions have to say on public forums unless they're copying and pasting stuff right off documents labeled "for internal use only".

I opened my Mac the day I got it. Apple is not Big Brother but they are pretty strict about not working during lunches and off time and while you're on the clock they expect you to act like a professional. I have no problems with that.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
I've been on this thread from day 1 and have yet to see something that is not available to the general public. Sometimes the opinions I've shared have pushed the envelope a bit but they're just that...opinions. Honestly, I don't think Apple cares too much about what the low level minions have to say on public forums unless they're copying and pasting stuff right off documents labeled "for internal use only".

I opened my Mac the day I got it. Apple is not Big Brother but they are pretty strict about not working during lunches and off time and while you're on the clock they expect you to act like a professional. I have no problems with that.

Same here.

Besides what he mentioned,
Apple is pretty laid back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.