Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
I remuxed a file using subler and it is not playing through home sharing to my iPhone 5 but plays fine on iTunes. It will try to load it but then give an error saying "The Operation Could Not Be Completed."

The video is really high quality so subler has selected the video profile to be High @ 5.1 and I have a feeling that this is the issue. Will the quality go down if I switch it to 4.1?

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
can you play any other videos through home sharing? how about logging out and back into home sharing?

HobeSoundDarryl

macrumors G5
1080p? There's (probably) a bug in Video player as lots of us can't play 1080p files via home sharing to iDevices. Sync them to the iDevice and they play just fine.

Some speculate that maybe it's not a bug but a conscious decision by Apple to not stream 1080p via home sharing.

Hopefully, a future update will solve the problem.

micrors4racer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2012
Other movies play fine through airplay on both laptops, apple tv, and iDevices and they are all 1080p.

The only thing different with these videos I am having trouble with is that they are profile level 5.1 according to subler.

How will changing the profile level affect the quality?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.