Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
It would be ironic if people left personal messages stuck to the high-tech-looking sculpture using low-tech Post-It notes.

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
how is that a ********* iphone what the ****** russia omg if steve were alive he'd jobs-smash that ugly pos amirite

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
Ok can someone explain to me what Russia or St Petersburg has to do with Steve Jobs at all?

The monument is shocking... either do it right or not at all. The Site is rubbish too.

I can only asume that they didn't want to incur the wrath of apple so they designed it to look, well, wrong...

Alternatively they could have probably approached apple and got one of the giant one from an apple store and they would have helped design the presentation which... also looks shocking!

It's a blatent publicity thing by the university.

I have nothing against Russia here... but what's the point!?

Yujenisis

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2002
Looks like a (cheap) knock off Apple product.

Was this deliberate or just the perfectly functioning Russian bureaucracy at work?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Ok can someone explain to me what Russia or St Petersburg has to do with Steve Jobs at all?

The monument is shocking... either do it right or not at all. The Site is rubbish too.

I can only asume that they didn't want to incur the wrath of apple so they designed it to look, well, wrong...

Alternatively they could have probably approached apple and got one of the giant one from an apple store and they would have helped design the presentation which... also looks shocking!

Read the website.

SvK

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
San Diego
no its not cool...

That gorgeous, authentic Architecture jars with that sculpture....and not in a good way.

Thunderhawks

Suspended
Feb 17, 2009
SAMSUNG product developers already visited took pictures and made over 200 drawings.

Next: Galaxy S XXXL

Pentad

macrumors 6502a
Nov 26, 2003
Indiana
As screwed up at that iPhone is, its a great representation of Jobs in life, relationships, and business. I would have added a knife in the back of the iPhone to truly capture Jobs but to each his own I guess...

-P

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011

that's what I thought.
I think someone getting "brown"tongue :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.