Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Snookies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Hello, I am trying to fill out my Account Information at apple.com and I am having problems with the Shipping Information section where I need to put the initials for the State, it says that it's invalid.

I need help.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hello, I am trying to fill out my Account Information at apple.com and I am having problems with the Shipping Information section where I need to put the initials for the State, it says that it's invalid.

I need help.

Look here for the official USPS state abbreviation. That is probably what Apple is looking for.

Snookies

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
I looked at it and the abbreviation for Puerto Rico is PR, but it still says that it's invalid.

Is there a number I can call to resolve this problem?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I looked at it and the abbreviation for Puerto Rico is PR, but it still says that it's invalid.

Is there a number I can call to resolve this problem?

Looks like it won't be possible. See below:

Sales to U.S. territories

We are happy to ship your order to a friend or family member residing within the 50 United States if your billing address is within one of the following United States territories:

• American Samoa
  • Armed Forces Africa
  • Armed Forces Americas
  • Armed Forces Canada
  • Armed Forces Europe
  • Armed Forces Middle East
  • Armed Forces Pacific
  • Guam
  • Northern Mariana Islands
  • Palau
  • Puerto Rico
  • U.S. Virgin Islands
Simply shop at the Apple Online Store U.S. with the payment method of your choice, and we'll ship the order to any address within the 50 United States.

We regret that we cannot ship orders placed on the Apple Online Store U.S. to addresses outside of the 50 United States. Let us help you find an Apple reseller to assist you in purchasing Apple products locally.
Source: http://store.apple.com/us/help/shipping_delivery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.