Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dipwind

macrumors member
Dec 20, 2012
When my toast popped up out of the toaster this morning, I swear I saw a 3, so I think that's a sign it'll be 3 more weeks for my iMac.

Again depends of the perspective, yours might be on of that 3!! but in the end, it wasn't ohhhhh WTF, that toast was saved to be destroyed and also the kitchen window.

That blokes from apple are rubbish those guys that put info on the spreadsheet are also a peace of Sh.......t, when do I gone a have my F.....ing machine?????

And after some days weeks whatever, someone knocks your door with a present, I bet that your face will have a nice smile and you'll forget all you've think and said. all the energy you've spent was worth I would say much better that way then to be static and not let you go with the wind.

Dip

ihaveneverknown

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2012
Just in case anyone from Apple is reading this...

Guys, if you have production problems that are likely to cause delays why don't you just tell people that you've got a problem? And maybe post up a webpage somewhere with occasional updates so we know how things are progressing? That way, a whole bunch of people don't get half so frustrated and, what's more, they'll blame your display manufacturer and not you! It's a win-win!

But instead, you release zero information, treating us like the proverbial bunch of mushrooms - you keep us in the dark and cover us in crap and hope we'll be grateful for the experience!

Just because your product is so good doesn't mean you can afford appalling customer service. That's how it feels to folks who've paid up-front against promises they no longer trust.

Isn't this Customer Relations 101?! :confused:

You mean other then the fact that they didn't make available the computer until over 30 days after the announcement, and then quite accurately convey (within a rather broad time period, but mostly accurate regardless) the shipment times and delays for each order placed?

First world problems. So you have to wait 30 days to an early adopter of a cutting edge piece of technology. Unless the lack of the new computer has a detrimental effect on your income (a graphic designer w/ a broken computer) complaining about this seems ridiculous.

Katori

macrumors member
Jan 9, 2013
Unless the lack of the new computer has a detrimental effect on your income (a graphic designer w/ a broken computer) complaining about this seems ridiculous.

That's just the problem for a lot of us, such as me, who placed my order on Dec 21 and has not got a peep since. It would be different if they were updating us on the status. Even just what our number in the queue was, even just daily. Even just what order days they had totally finished or nearly totally finished. Even just what the actual delay or problem is. SOME kind of communication. But instead we get nothing. My means of supporting my family are kinda on the line here.

Slick1phone

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
What's missing here? I've been looking at this corner of my room for 2 weeks wishing it would just appear. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 100

jckok

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2012
Netherlands
It's finally here!

Writing this from my very new, very big screened, very thin, very cool, so far very perfect, and very first iMac.
Very happy with my 3,2 1tb fusion 680 mx, 8 gb (soon to be 32) machine. It may be starting to be a bit of a cliché, but it is indeed worth the wait!

Ordered Dec 4th, wire transfer approved Dec 6th, preparing Jan 3rd, shipped Jan 4th and received, well actually i went and got it myself at the UPS warehouse, today, Jan 10th. Sheet has been updated.

I hope everybody receives theirs as soon as possible!

Quick pic taken with phone. Not it's her (I think she's a she. It just doesn't sound right :p ) final place in our home, but just had to have a go.

p.s. there was a site you could visit to check the status of your mac, with regards to dead pixels, bleeding etc. Lost the link. Anybody have it / know it?

impromptukiss

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2013
apparently the spreadsheet has been experiencing problems. it was down yesterday for a little while

lucky you...what website did you use? i ordered through there as well and i'm still waiting. to be fair though, i have different specs. hopefully mine will shortly follow. did you notice your cancel order button dissappear at all or did it just go straight to shipped?

my cancel button went away yesterday when it went to processing.

I ordered from the apple govt site here - http://store.apple.com/us_epp_55499

my husband is navy.

frozentoast

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
27-inch iMac
3.4GHz i7
32GB DDR3
768GB Flash Storage
GTX 680MX

Ordered: 11th December 2012
Preparing: 10th January 2013
Shipped: 10th January 2013
Estimated: 16th January 2013

Panomania56

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2013
You mean other then the fact that they didn't make available the computer until over 30 days after the announcement, and then quite accurately convey (within a rather broad time period, but mostly accurate regardless) the shipment times and delays for each order placed?

First world problems. So you have to wait 30 days to an early adopter of a cutting edge piece of technology. Unless the lack of the new computer has a detrimental effect on your income (a graphic designer w/ a broken computer) complaining about this seems ridiculous.

I understand your point, and there will always be those who take a loyal stance where Apple are concerned and that's fine, but clearly there *has* been a problem with production and, just as clearly, Apple have chosen not to communicate that to the people who paid them for an advertised product on the day they were open for orders (it's not like it was a speculative purchase!).

Apple gave me a pre-Jan delivery date. It's now almost 2 weeks into Jan. A little information would go a long way to understanding the problem from their point of view.

Just read the pages here and wonder how much less angst there might have been had people had an inkling of the actual problem.

And yep, you're right, I'm a graphic designer who was planning to carry out some heavy-duty commissions on the iMac. Those projects have taken a lot longer on my old machine. There were alternatives. I went for a BTO iMac. My risk, but it would have been nice to have avoided some of the 'we can't tell you what's going on'-related frustration. As as I said, customer Service 101.

cfenoglio

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2012
Almost

ordered Dec 8th and has shipped with an anticipated 15th delivery. I have tried repeatedly to update the spreadsheet with little success so will probably will stop.

As far as the complaints about Apple and deliveries, I am as impatient as anyone but when I ordered the site said will ship in January. I kept up my end and paid them and they kept up their end.

Be glad to see it on my desk.

caseofwine

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Philadelphia PA Burbs
wasting my life trying to track down my iMac

This is getting ridiculous. I cant belive how much time i have wasted watching and waiting for my first iMac to arrive. :mad:

Here are my details
Ordered: 12/13/12
Preparing for shippment: 1/9/13
Shipped: 1/10/13
currently.. have no clue.. probably enjoying an egg role someplace.
Jan 10, 2013 4:14 PMLeft FedEx origin facility SHANGHAI CN

I cant wait for my life to go back to normal and be productive.:)

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Ordered on the 22nd, still processing. Each day I regret not ordering it earlier. At least my OWC ram will turn up before the iMac.. lol

LornaP

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
Preparing to ship

Base config 27"
Ordered Dec 19th, payment by credit card (barclay finance offer)
Went to "Preparing to ship" in the last 4 hours.
There is a pending charge on the credit card account.

Will update the spreadsheet when it allows me to.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Base config 27"
Ordered Dec 19th, payment by credit card (barclay finance offer)
Went to "Preparing to ship" in the last 4 hours.
There is a pending charge on the credit card account.

Will update the spreadsheet when it allows me to.

sweet you are the 2nd person I have read that saying it shipped/preparing today on a 19th Dec order. Guess that means within 3 days for mine!

elohel

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
ordered dec 18

preparing for shipment jan 10

i7 3.4 680mx 8gb Magic Trackpad 1tb fusion

Last edited:

iPhenom

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Please post the specs for your iMac when you say it is preparing for shipment/ shipped so we can see how long it is taking for certain orders. Thank You

laryenhilllvr

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
NYC
it seems to me as if base configs are moving the fastest, followed by 1tb configs (with upgraded specs)...unfortunately 3 tb seem to take a little longer than those. or maybe i'm reading it wrong.

----------

my cancel button went away yesterday when it went to processing.

I ordered from the apple govt site here - http://store.apple.com/us_epp_55499

my husband is navy.

i placed my order through there as well, i'm in the army. hopefully my cancel button will disappear soon as well, although i had a differnt configuration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.