Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Rovio has updated its Angry Birds Space game with a 'Pig Dipper' update that brings the game's first aquatic worlds with new physics, as well as new power ups as well. Angry Birds Space was originally released last March, was the bestselling paid app of 2012, and has remained among the top paid apps ever since.

waterphysics.jpg
SPLASH! The Angry Birds have landed in the weirdest galaxy yet! All the planets are filled with water, strange aquatic life and worst of all -- Bad Piggies in boats! Use the unique physics of these water planets to set up some fun trick shots! Also, check out the brand-new power-ups: Flock of Birds, Space Egg, and Pig Puffer! HINT: Make sure to check how Ice Bird and Pig Puffer react to water!
Angry Birds Space is available for the Mac, iPhone and iPad from the App Store, though it appears the Pig Dipper update has not gone live on the Mac App Store yet. [Direct Link: Mac/iPhone/iPad]

Article Link: Angry Birds Space 'Pig Dipper' Update Brings New Water Worlds

Philscbx

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
Mpls Mn
I went off angry birds... Then I found Star Wars angry birds.... I now do not have a life
I have to admit - I had no idea 2 months ago before loading it on iPad what was about to happen.

They deliberately force you to develop the little known forces of the 4th dimension
to fully envision all actions before they happen.

One should also look at the YouTube clip of StarWars -
Amazingly done Fun.

mrsir2009

macrumors 604
Sep 17, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
With all of the Angry Birds games, it seems that they progressively add more and more content in the months following it’s release. You get quite a lot for your nintey nine cents :)

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
Regardless of what you think of Angry Birds as a whole, you got to hand it to them, they keep on updating these apps meaningfully

And there's my problem. Of all of the Angry Birds games, Space has certainly looked interesting to me, but I have a serious issue with all of the merchandising that they've done. When I see Angry Birds everywhere I go, I really leaves me with little to no desire to take part in it at all...

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
Continually updating the Angry Birds games and adding more free levels and content, for no additional charge above the original 99-cents you paid. Kudos to Rovio for doing this. I wish other Devs would do the same.

----------

And there's my problem. Of all of the Angry Birds games, Space has certainly looked interesting to me, but I have a serious issue with all of the merchandising that they've done. When I see Angry Birds everywhere I go, I really leaves me with little to no desire to take part in it at all...

I'm wearing my Red (Angry) Bird winter cap right now as I type my response to your post.

It keeps me warm. :D

iAco

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Continually updating the Angry Birds games and adding more free levels and content, for no additional charge above the original 99-cents you paid. Kudos to Rovio for doing this. I wish other Devs would do the same.

----------

I'm wearing my Red (Angry) Bird winter cap right now as I type my response to your post.

It keeps me warm. :D

You pissed your money away on that why????

Philscbx

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
Mpls Mn
Solomani - I'm wearing my Red (Angry) Bird winter cap right now as I type my response to your post. It keeps me warm
You pissed your money away on that why????

It's Winter here - I'll be looking into that hat.
For sure a cool Pub Tour.

ncaissie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2011

It's targeted at kids. Are you a kid? ;) I have three kids and they get excited when they see them.

Gemütlichkeit

macrumors 65816
Nov 17, 2010
The one thing I'm not completely sold on with the angry birds franchise is their 3 star gameplay mechanic. The game doesn't reward you with blowing stuff up and killing pigs. It rewards you with getting the puzzle right the first time.

I'd rather have 3 birds and say 3 pigs to kill on each level with stuff in-between them. If it takes me 3 birds to kill the 3 pigs then fine, award me with 3 stars.

I just feel their measuring system is slightly off and the rewards are given out for puzzle solving with no reinforcement.

Snowy_River

macrumors 68030
Jul 17, 2002
Corvallis, OR
It's targeted at kids. Are you a kid? ;) I have three kids and they get excited when they see them.

I would say "no", though my mother might disagree. (She has been known to say that I am the oldest kid that she knows, referring to my outlook and behavior, not my age - almost 40.) In any event, I do understand marketing and merchandising. In most cases, I don't have a big problem with it. In the case of Angry Birds, however, it is so overdone that it just get to the point of overload and disgust for me. The result is that I want nothing whatsoever to do with the whole franchise.

Oh well.

Jiten

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2008
My kids and their kids have an unhealthy obsession with Angry Birds. I'm certainly sick of it but the developers certainly did a fine job keeping it fresh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.