Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
Just ordered a set of these puppies for my iPhone 5! :eek:

For the price, I'm expecting quality protection ;)

Gonna rock it with a black or silver Home Button. Think I'll go all black.

Last edited:

zentrani

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
Since some one just posted this (and I just got mine today...)

Which goes on first? I saw somewhere the order but I cannot remember.

iPad2013

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 4, 2012
I use an Xquisit black soft touch case. It's my favorite, and I've tried a couple.
Elegant soft touch and it's slim.

Also ordered the Elago M2 stand :cool:

Pictures as we go along.

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
I did protector (BG Pure) first then button and the alignment was off and I ended up removing it. So I suggest you try the other way first, now I'm left without a black one and don't like the other colors.

@Six8, that's very generous of you!

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
I did protector (BG Pure) first then button and the alignment was off and I ended up removing it. So I suggest you try the other way first, now I'm left without a black one and don't like the other colors.

@Six8, that's very generous of you!

I may have an extra black one for ya

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
I may have an extra black one for ya

I'd gladly take it off you, in return you can have all the ones I have left, one orange and two whites (one with a black inner square and one with a white). These are the normal ones though, not aluminum.

bshef

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
I received my .tr today and just installed it. It wasn't a difficult install. The results are fantastic!! I can't say enough about it. You're going to love it!

Six8

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2012
Earth
I'd gladly take it off you, in return you can have all the ones I have left, one orange and two whites (one with a black inner square and one with a white). These are the normal ones though, not aluminum.

My bad, I was talking about the normal ones as well. Still want it?

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
My bad, I was talking about the normal ones as well. Still want it?

Sure, it feels a bit weird without a button anyway. I just hope I align it correctly this time.

You can PM me your info, I'll have my extras sent on Monday.

golu14

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2012
Delhi, India
going to order mine too, not sure if extra price for the TR is worth it though, also does anyone know if the bodyguardz glass protector also comes with rounded edges?

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
going to order mine too, not sure if extra price for the TR is worth it though, also does anyone know if the bodyguardz glass protector also comes with rounded edges?

It is worth the extra price! I've used both. Currently using the BodyGuardz Pure and no it does not have the tappered edge. It's a straight cut edge.

bananataffy

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2012
aww now im confused, bodyguardz has that awesome low cost replacement programme

go for the bodyguardz. in addition to the much better replacement program, it's thinner and imo looks better. the rounded edges of the .tr just makes it obvious that there's a screen protector on your phone. the bg pure looks more seamless and transparent.

HHHHH

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
GlastR is the way to go. Nothing beats the rounded tapered edges. The straight cut can chip andends up digging into the palm/fingers

millerhifi

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2012
Los Angeles Ca
GlastR is the way to go. Nothing beats the rounded tapered edges. The straight cut can chip andends up digging into the palm/fingers

This is what happened to mine.... Doesn't dig into my palm/fingers though...
I bet if I had had the GlastR on at the time of "impact" it wouldn't have chipped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.