Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
He will be negotiating a deal with China Mobile and supply the carrier with a larger cheaper iphones thats compatible with China Mobile's network. The majority of China Mobile's subscribers are lower to middle class citizens, so I dont think that many of them are able to afford the iPhone 5 that was just released anyway. Samsung will find it even harder to compete with the iPhone soon. Anyone else share the same thought?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
It's all over the web Apple is going to the budget market, so you are just adding to the noise.

It will be interesting how Ive is going to reconciled a cheaper build but maintaining the Apple branding.

Am going to bet they won't call it the iPhone nothing. It's going to take a different name, so it will be no doubt what phone the consumer if buying. Is gonna be the x-phone made by Apple.

OafTobark

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2011
Why make a new budget iphone? Isn't that what the iphone 4 is?

That's what I couldn't get over. But, like mentioned below, it wont be a subsidized phone. Just a straight forward price point, i.e iPod's, iPad's. And yes, I could very easily see this new 'cheaper' iPhone being a big hit in China... as mentioned above.

I could also see this cheaper iPhone be a big hit with pay as you go customers within the US.

Thoughts?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Why make a new budget iphone? Isn't that what the iphone 4 is?

We are talking about the Chinese market, primarily. Different wants, different income, different distribution channels. And this budget phone has to compete with whatever the Samsung, and the Huwei and the HTC are offering CURRENTLY, not 2 years old technology.

duhyes

macrumors member
Dec 12, 2012
He will be negotiating a deal with China Mobile and supply the carrier with a larger cheaper iphones thats compatible with China Mobile's network. The majority of China Mobile's subscribers are lower to middle class citizens, so I dont think that many of them are able to afford the iPhone 5 that was just released anyway. Samsung will find it even harder to compete with the iPhone soon. Anyone else share the same thought?

i don't think that samsung would find it harder, their s3 is really good

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverrune

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2011
It's all over the web Apple is going to the budget market, so you are just adding to the noise.

It will be interesting how Ive is going to reconciled a cheaper build but maintaining the Apple branding.

Am going to bet they won't call it the iPhone nothing. It's going to take a different name, so it will be no doubt what phone the consumer if buying. Is gonna be the x-phone made by Apple.

My making it extremely beautiful with out of date and cheap parts on the inside.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
Any company is arrogant for avoiding the global market, particular Asia, and more so particularly China.

Many companies are catering products specifically to emerging markets, but Apple never does this so it poses an interesting cross roads of decisions ... especially since Asian carriers don't really play will with Apple thus far it seems.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Chinese market, they better make a gold phone. Chinese love gold. The gaudier the better. Don't ask me why. The youth like cute, even the guys submit to their gfs' taste.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.