Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Hello this is my first thread ever so i am going to challenge you all. Please help me i have been having issues with my 13' Macbook Pro 2010.

I erased my operating system last march and have been running windows 7 with a osx mountain lion emulator. niresh 12495. This emulator sucks i cannot game without terrible lag and the keyboard never lights up anymore. It is slow. I would love to wipe my hard drive and put back the real osx. I do not have a disk. I do not have a flash drive and i do not have a cd.
Was wondering if there is a fix for these retarded issues. Remember i erased the ENTIRE operating system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 28, 2010
located

cjrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Tried Internet Recovery yet?

No Mac coming with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion has physical restore media included.

OS X: About OS X Recovery

If you want to make a bootable installation medium, you can follow these steps:

And what about purchasing a USB flash memory thumb drive or DVD?

http://postimage.org/image/715mvnypn/49f1829a/

Nov 28, 2010
located
http://postimage.org/image/715mvnypn/49f1829a/

IMAG0076547576835.jpg

cjrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
I created a new partition over the old one with GUID set.
As of right now i do not have a operating system.
I have no hard disk space either atm.
It asked me to install mountian lion and i proceded with that and created a new apple i.d.
I would like to purchase my operating system and have it install automatilly i dont know what to do really. I know i am close.

Nov 28, 2010
located
I created a new partition over the old one with GUID set.
Thus deleting the old partitions that were already on there?

I have no hard disk space either atm.
If you created a new partition, and if you followed the guide I linked to, you should have one (500 GB for example) HDD with one partition with 500 GB storage capacity (minus 200 MB for the partition table).

As of right now i do not have a operating system.
It asked me to install mountian lion and i proceded with that and created a new apple i.d.
Thus you were able to boot into Internet Recovery?

I would like to purchase my operating system and have it install automatilly i dont know what to do really. I know i am close.
As I do not know Internet Recovery that well, and am still using Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, I cannot help you here. What I would do is go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Repair Shop or phone Apple and ask for guidance or validating your purchase (you could use one of the Macs in an Apple Store or similar store to purchase OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion via the Mac App Store and your Apple ID, but probably ask one of the employees first, and then create a bootable installer as shown in the links above).

cjrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Thus deleting the old partitions that were already on there?

If you created a new partition, and if you followed the guide I linked to, you should have one (500 GB for example) HDD with one partition with 500 GB storage capacity (minus 200 MB for the partition table).

Thus you were able to boot into Internet Recovery?

As I do not know Internet Recovery that well, and am still using Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, I cannot help you here. What I would do is go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorised Repair Shop or phone Apple and ask for guidance or validating your purchase (you could use one of the Macs in an Apple Store or similar store to purchase OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion via the Mac App Store and your Apple ID, but probably ask one of the employees first, and then create a bootable installer as shown in the links above).

Yes i can get into internet recovery.
It wants to install Mountian Lion 10.8.
I have to sign into the app store and download.
I created a apple id and tryed signing in with it but that did not work.
I cannot validate my puchase i bought this mac off craigslist.
I just want to put the default operating system back it was snow leapord.

cjrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
`~UpDate~`

Through the Internet recovery i think i can install Lion.
It wants me to have a itunes account.
I made a Itunes account but when it come to entering my billing information it tells me it does not match what my bank shows.
I did a change of address with my bank and it cannot show for 24 hours.
Is there another way to set up itunes billing without using itunes?

cjrocks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
Thiking about just going to buy a DVD from someone off craigslists that had macbook pro 13" mid 2010. Then i gotta install it if i get it.

Nov 28, 2010
located
You can purchase Snow Leopard from the Apple Store for $20.

Though that disc might not work, if it only contains 10.6.3, as the last versions of this disc did, and Apple does not state the exact version on that site.
2010 MBPs came with a special version of 10.6.3, thus one needs a Retail DVD with at least 10.6.4 on it, as the drivers for 2010 hardware were no included in the disc you linked to.

One could also contact Apple and just ask for Replacement Restore DVDs, one might get them for free, if one asks politely and states the wish to update to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or one has to pay 15 to 30 USD for those.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Though that disc might not work, if it only contains 10.6.3, as the last versions of this disc did, and Apple does not state the exact version on that site.
2010 MBPs came with a special version of 10.6.3, thus one needs a Retail DVD with at least 10.6.4 on it, as the drivers for 2010 hardware were no included in the disc you linked to.

One could also contact Apple and just ask for Replacement Restore DVDs, one might get them for free, if one asks politely and states the wish to update to Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or one has to pay 15 to 30 USD for those.
Thanks for that; I was not aware of the hardware issues you mentioned. After doing a little more research, I've not been able to find any more info regarding the version that I linked. Wish Apple would be a little more descriptive sometimes. :rolleyes:

OP, I would try to contact the person who sold you the Mac to see if he/she still has the restore disc(s) that came with the computer. If not, I'd try what sim suggested and contact Apple directly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.