Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vMwMv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 15, 2011
Long story short:

1. Bought iPad 4 64GB in Black from John Lewis.
2. Exchanged for iPad 4 with 4G.
3. Not happy with it; I don't really find a use for it.

It was purchased only a few days ago (Monday, I think).

Will they give me a full refund?

stickyfingers85

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2010
John Lewis are normally pretty good, so I wouldn't think you'd have a problem returning it.

Providing the condition is as new.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Long story short:

I'm sorry, I don't mean any disrespect, but why are you posting this here? I mean, it would be relevant if you were discussing reasons you were returning it (twice, btw), which we could then talk about (and it's very likely it'd be interesting), but asking about return policies for a store on this forum just because it's an Apple product is relevant here, why? Again, no disrespect intended.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
I'm sorry, I don't mean any disrespect, but why are you posting this here? I mean, it would be relevant if you were discussing reasons you were returning it (twice, btw), which we could then talk about (and it's very likely it'd be interesting), but asking about return policies for a store on this forum just because it's an Apple product is relevant here, why? Again, no disrespect intended.

Whenever someone starts a sentence with "no disrespect intended", that means someone is about to get disrespected.

- Jim Rome

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
John Lewis, Jim Rome, William London ... Boys, play nice! :D
Their refund policy appears to allow the return of the device. Good luck to you.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
Well that proves it. So much for polite discourse, eh?

Why are you posting this here? I mean, it would be relevant if you were discussing reasons you were returning it (twice, btw), which we could then talk about (and it's very likely it'd be interesting), but asking about return policies for a store on this forum just because it's an Apple product is relevant here, why?

No, this ^^^^ proves it. Seems quite rude when it's topped and tailed, doesn't it? I don't know why you think saying "no disrespect...." changes that.

John Lewis, Jim Rome, William London ... Boys, play nice! :D

Sorry!

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
It was supposed to be funny because I honestly didn't know what John Lewis was; I thought he was a "who" not a what. ;)

Oh I see!:D That's funny! I was actually just saying sorry for ignoring your valiant attempt to shut down a potential row.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
No, this ^^^^ proves it. Seems quite rude when it's topped and tailed, doesn't it? I don't know why you think saying "no disrespect...." changes that.

Sorry!

Well, I could have just been more direct in my challenge to the OP, but I seriously didn't want to offend, because this medium of discourse it's easy to be misunderstood (both in tone and meaning), and I did really want to challenge but how to do it and come off not sounding rude in tone? Wow, I go out of my way not to be rude, and people still jump all over you and take offence. Seems a bit ridiculous, eh?

Next time I'll just be intentionally rude, at least that way when people accuse me of being rude, they'll be right. :D

Last edited:

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Long story short:

I must admit that iPad is not a "must have." After all there are iPhones and iPod Touches and desktop computers of various brands. But I stood in line (briefly) on "day one" of iPad 1 launch and picked one up and have been delighted with it ever since.

I'm still frustrated there is no user accessible file system and that the "walled garden" keeps out an essential app like Wifi Analyzer (available on Android or on iOS via Cydia). But overall the iPad 1 and more recently the iPad mini are the best computer investments I've ever made.

The iPad 1, though somewhat heavy was the size of a pad of paper and very convenient to take to classes and meetings. I opted for the wifi version so one thing that slowed me down was downloading relevant documents at the last minute before leaving for the meeting. I now own the iPad mini with LTE but I haven't activated it yet. iPad mini is the size of a moleskine notebook and much more convenient to carry around than my iPad 1 used to be which was in turn much more convenient than a Macbook Air.
moleskine-apple-hand.jpg

One thing these tablets have going for them is the form factor which lends itself to sitting or lying on the couch or in bed. I'm sorry you weren't happy with yours and after following the John Lewis link, I got the impression they would take it back. The only complicating factor is that you've already returned one device. I suggest you get your money back and think about it some more. I'm much more delighted with the iPad mini than I was with my iPad 1. In all honesty, I could get along without either but there is a reason tablet sales have eclipsed notebook sales: the form factor allows for much more flexible usage in terms of the necessary posture to make use of the device. Walk away for a while. Wait for the iPad mini retina to come out or perhaps a thinner lighter full sized iPad and decide if you want one then.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Oh I see!:D That's funny! I was actually just saying sorry for ignoring your valiant attempt to shut down a potential row.

Valiant? :D Flattered.

As for the iPad, I love my iPad. I mocked it when it was first announced and said I saw no need for it, but now it is my most used gadget. I even retired one to the kitchen to use solely as my recipe keeper and music system. I use my 3 for everything else.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Long story short:

They probably will, but there's no reason why they should.

John Lewis are nice like that.

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
?......., but asking about return policies for a store on this forum just because it's an Apple product is relevant here, why?.....

Specific return policies and return experiences are often different animals. You were disrespectful no matter your intent.
:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.