Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadDawg2020

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2012
Okay this makes sense but shouldn't they also be barring known offenders from submitting fraudulent apps as well?

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I'm just suggesting a separate review process for screenshot only changes.

Apple can't determine if the screenshots match the app unless they take the time to look at BOTH the app and the screenshot. Otherwise, how is some random screenshot by itself going to tell anybody about whether if you run the app you will see that screen displayed???

As for running an app to look at screens without reviewing it: won't work. Anytime they spend some time to figure out how to run an app and see something they think is against the guidelines (or newer guidelines) they want to reject that app. Which is the same as an app review.

----------

Okay this makes sense but shouldn't they also be barring known offenders from submitting fraudulent apps as well?

They already do that. Try to find any new apps from the same dev account as that of the previously found fraudsters.

CGagnon

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Not really -- it's merely a reaction to a problem caused by an inadequate app review process. Apps like this would have never been allowed into the App store if Apple reviewers actually bothered to test them.

False.. This app breaks none of the guidelines.

Noojin

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2010
Does the scam artist make a small profit then? If apple withdraws the app from the store and refunds all of the customers, does apple get the money back from the scam artist or do they keep their earnings? Or perhaps, maybe I don't know how the app developer profit system works.

CShort

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2011
Nokia Store

The Nokia store has 2 sections for submissions, one for the binary and one for the media content. Uploading images also gets approved.

chirpie

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2010
Finally, downloading free apps should not prompt for password.

That's a GREAT list with a little amendment to this. Maybe the option to turn off password prompt for free apps would work, but I need this feature with a kid who uses the iPad frequently. I don't want a thousand crappy apps being added to my devices when I'm not around. ^_^

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.