Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
they will lose so many customers if they keep releasing ipads every 5-6 months until now you knew your device would atleast be the newest for atleast 1 year.... now this just sucks

this makes no sense... how will they lose customers?

Andy-V

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
I find it hard to believe that they'll update the iPad mini less than 5 months after it was released AND then be able to offer the better specs at the same price. A retina screen plus the battery to power that screen will hurt their margins or they'd have to increase the price.

applesith

macrumors 68030
Jun 11, 2007
Manhattan
I'd be more likely to get a mini if it has retina. I love the form factor and have played with it quite a bit at apple stores. But the screen is awful.

adildacoolset

macrumors 65816
There just milking people for there money i have just got my ipad 4 about 6 weeks ago and now its going to be outdated by apples new ipads its just getting to much and to stupid to keep realising new ipads with out any major change so what ipad 4 is twice as fast as ipad 3 it doesnt matter no app uses all of the ipad 4 processor power.

I'm just asking, how is it outdated?

Name me one thing the ipad 4 can do which the iPad 3 cannot do. One thing.

It's not outdated if it has the full iOS functionality. This, in my opinion, is jealousy.

alirz

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2011
Montreal,Canada
it seems to me that Apple wants to sell their ios devices as much as they can while the going is good. No real inovation being done for their phones, ipads, ipod anymore...they keep circling between different designs and looks. No real feature has been seen for a long time now. Although im a big Apple product user, i do not like this thinner, lighter faster(which is no where near as fast as other competing products) crap...
Even their computers dont offer the most high end hardware...I bought a 2 year old galaxy nexus to get accustomed to the android OS, and that OS and hardware was as fast my iphone5. And the nexus had WAayyy more features.

i can only imagine what the current gen Android phones offer.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010
I think anyone who bought an iPad 4 should have known better to wait. The thing is too heavy and the display model I picked up that was being charged was pretty warm on the back (I'm assuming this is the same proble from the 3rd). I can't wait for the thing to lose some serious weight (if you've picked up a Mini you'd love it). The border on the sides I hope adopts the thinness of the Mini as well. No need for that extra width. Bring on the next iPads! :D I'm actually tempted by a Retina Mini, the perfect size (minus comics which it's just a bit too small for).

iPhysicist

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
Dresden
The iPad 4 is nothing but an iPad 3 with better CPU and as a giveaway it got a better front camera. The CPU fit in it so it got when it was ready. That was no move to a new update cycle at all.

Eieieieieieiei :rolleyes:

sirdir

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2006
To me it's abvious that the iPad 4 was out of schedule. It was also an almost quiet upgrade. Doesn't count. A friend of mine that usually buys EVERY new iOS product right away didn't even know it had been upgraded.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Merry Go Ground Updates

I really don't care if they update the iPad every other month;) Frankly I just jump on the Merry Go Round when the update has features I want, and of course when I have the money!

I'm still on iPad2 and was almost going to go with the latest and I thought as much as I want the higher resolution screen the iPad2 was working fine. So if it is March so be it. I'm starting to save up some cash.

I feel the same way about my MacbookPro, iPhone5 and 2010 iMac.

Squilly

macrumors 68020
Nov 17, 2012
PA
Already?! I'm going to hate the new product cycle. It's obvious, people will buy less often since, six months down the road, they know something better will come out. This will fail.

JS82712

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2009
it seems to me that Apple wants to sell their ios devices as much as they can while the going is good. No real inovation being done for their phones, ipads, ipod anymore...they keep circling between different designs and looks. No real feature has been seen for a long time now. Although im a big Apple product user, i do not like this thinner, lighter faster(which is no where near as fast as other competing products) crap...
Even their computers dont offer the most high end hardware...I bought a 2 year old galaxy nexus to get accustomed to the android OS, and that OS and hardware was as fast my iphone5. And the nexus had WAayyy more features.

i can only imagine what the current gen Android phones offer.

Galaxy nexus is as fast as iPhone 5? Who are you kidding?

I have both and the difference is obvious. Don't believe it? Feel free to check the benchmarks.

Btw, iPhone 5 is the fastest phone on the planet currently. Do your homework before posting garbage.

AppleInLVX

macrumors 65816
Jan 12, 2010
I find it hard to believe that they'll update the iPad mini less than 5 months after it was released AND then be able to offer the better specs at the same price. A retina screen plus the battery to power that screen will hurt their margins or they'd have to increase the price.

Fine. Give me a retina screen. I'll pay the bump in price to accomplish it. Make it a tiny bit thicker to accommodate its power needs, and I will still pay to have it. Releasing the mini without Retina was a step back, thinness be damned.

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2010

1st Gen Mini will go down to $250 if they release 2nd Gen in March. So not such a bad idea after 5 months, you cover your bases: a cheap Mini AND a top of the line, brand new Mini both selling at the same time. Meh, who knows what they'll do, we're all just guessing.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Yea Right.

I guess we all know iPad mini will get Retina.

However the company making the screens has reportedly said they wont be ready till Q3 2013, so if there is no Retina available for a March timeframe, what are they going to do with the mini. Bump its core specs to A6 & 1gb ram, when sales of the mini current show no signs of abating, so it would in many respects be a needless update for Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.