Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Timzer

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 10, 2011
Ok, CES has shown us how much more the smartphone market will become crowded with very nice looking devices from China. Devices that will very easily attract new buyers with their cheap prices and good looks. But at the same time, I still would not put these devices anywhere on the level of devices like the GS3, OneX, DNA, and iPhone.
So check out this video for the ZTE Grand S LTE as demoed by...ummm...well just watch the video. Cringe Factor: 10+

Last edited:

KnightMan

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2012
My oh my, how did this person even get hired. "Well the ZTE is the best out there." haha. Glad to see the camera guy didn't push her with more questions. It could have got even more awkward. Love how he says, "Sure, alright, I guess I'll find out specs..uhh..myself." :D

Tinmania

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2011
Aridzona
"The networks are LTGSM" lol.

I think she memorized a spec sheet for only 5 min instead of 15.

Michael

jamojamo

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2010
My oh my, how did this person even get hired. "Well the ZTE is the best out there."

They didn't show her (the spokesmodel) so I am guessing it had to do more with her ability to attract people to the booth than to tell them about the phone.

;)

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Does she come with the phone? LOL

Hate to say but she's there to get the product noticed not talk about the Specs & Features.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
"It's actually an Android 4.0 JellyBean." Haha

I wonder when it'll get updated to Android 4.1 Key Lime Pie?

sddabrow

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
That was great lol, thanks for sharing!

It is almost as painful as walking through an AT&T, Sprint or Verizon store asking those questions. I always feel obligated to help the customers out when the rep is obviously advising poor information.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
-_- That was...awful...LOL

Reminds me of the Verizon sales girl in the store 2 days ago...Someone asked her about an iPhone and she said:

"You are only paying for the Apple on the back. It doesn't do WiFi and you can't even check your email. Seriously it is only for the Apple on the back."

I was about to step in and correct her for the sake of the customers asking her but...they nodded their heads and said:

"Yeah that is right. My uncle said the iPhone can't even write emails."

I just stopped and deemed it a hopeless cause. No need to help people so ignorant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.