Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PMR

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2007
Portugal (Google it)
This crap is happening to me every time. Is there anyone here with the same problem?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 398

ah123

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2011
Showing Safari instead of Music app in the music control? ... I've not seen that happen before, sorry.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
It's switching the active audio app to Safari.

I don't think that is really a bug though, didn't they update Safari so that it can play audio in the background with iOS6?

I assumed it put down there what ever app you streamed audio through last? Youtube/podcast/music ect

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
Close your tabs, kill Safari, play some music through the Music app.

Reopen Safari, visit your normal pages (unless some of them include some kind of streaming component). See if the issue presents again.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
Why the extra steps? Just playing the music app will switch it back.

(Assuming we've guessed his problem correctly, that is. Since we all had to guess who knows what the actual answer is!)

Just playing the music will switch it back, but his steps are for trying to figure out why it's happening in the first place. You want to have all the safari tabs closed and killed first so it doesn't switch back immediately when you open it. Then you can go to your normal sites and see what causes it to switch.

ezramoore

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2006
Washington State
Partly because I assume that the OP was smart enough to try just playing some music, but I guess I shouldn't assume.

It is more thorough. WebKit and MobileSafari have some interesting bugs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.