Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cygnus311

macrumors regular
May 6, 2006
You can pay the exact same price for a pair of Beats as you can the HiFiMan HE-400 headphones or Sennheiser HD-650. Now that is hilarious.

iAco

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
They make really bad products. It's just that simple.

Not frustrated much at all. Just pointing out an inferior product and taking a stand against the propaganda machine promoting this hype.

Rappers don't even make quality music. Why should we trust them to make good products ?

Sorry "Dr." Dre ....But you didn't even pass MIDDLE SCHOOL , much less high school or college. Why exactly would I trust you to produce anything of quality ? ? ?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Dr. Dre smoked more weed, banged more girls, owns more cars, and has more money than you'll ever have.

Highest-Paid Musicians of 2012:
1. Dr Dre – $110 Million
2. Roger Waters – $88 Million
3. Elton John – $80 Million
4. U2 – $78 Million
5. Take That – $69 Million
6. Bon Jovi – $60 Million
7. Britney Spears – $58 Million
8. Paul McCartney – $57 Million (tie)
9. Taylor Swift – $57 Million (tie)
10. Justin Bieber – $55 Million (tie)
http://www.prefixmag.com/news/the-25-richest-musicians-of-2012/72252/

Sounds like a winner. And you probably have a fancy degree, clock punching 9-5.

Hahah!

Oh, and he's a big dude, so I bet he can kick your ass too.

You totally lost that argument. :)

Last edited:

Ubele

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2008
I don't like subscription services, period. I don't need another service for which I pay a monthly fee whether I use it or not.

That is why I like the original itunes models. You like a song, and you buy it, No further obligations.

It depends on how much money you spend on iTunes purchases each month, vs. the monthly cost of a streaming service. If I recall, Spotify is $6 or $7 per month for the ad-free streaming version, or $10 if you also want to listen to music off line. So if you buy more than one album per month, Spotify will cost you less.

The primary reason I continue to buy music (other than habit) is my memory of LPs and CDs going in an out of print, due either to lack of popularity or some sort of legal action between an artist and the record label. For example, for many years, much of Gordon Lightfoot's catalog was unavailable on CD due to legal wranglings. Fortunately, I'd kept my Lightfoot LPs after converting my LP collection to CDs. But what if some similar legal thing happened, and Lightfoot's entire catalog were pulled from Spotify, the iTunes store, and all other sales outlets? If I didn't own his music, I might never hear it again. That could happen with any artist. I don't know how realistic that fear is, and, honestly, there isn't that much music I'd miss if I never heard it again.

Mestys

macrumors newbie
Jan 11, 2013
You're poor.

Poor people buy Sennheiser.

People with strong taste and wealth listen to true audiophile quality: Dennon D7000 w/ DAC & FLAC audio.

----------

Poor? I own the HD800, and if you check the price $1500 and I also own the Beyerdynamic T1s. And also an AMP and DAC worth $1000. You sir know jack about head-fi.

You're a prime example of how effective marketing is. Any equivalent priced Sennheiser headphones would DESTROY bose.

/thread

iAco

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
Poor? I own the HD800, and if you check the price $1500 and I also own the Beyerdynamic T1s. And also an AMP and DAC worth $1000. You sir know jack about head-fi.

You're a prime example of how effective marketing is. Any equivalent priced Sennheiser headphones would DESTROY bose.

/thread

thread

You know nothing. My ears are sharper than yours.

The Denon D7000 beats the HD800. I know. I own both.

Bose and Beats - these are low-end head phones. Most folks think they're quality but they're not.

If budget isn't an issue, why don't you have your ears custom molded and have ear-cans designed around them to satisfy whatever taste you may have.

You would also have to spend over 1K on a descent amp/DAC. Which you didn't mention - because you're clueless about hi-fi audio.

Last edited:

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
No. You are wrong. You were born wrong. Lived wrong. And I am trying to save you from dying wrong!

[snip]

I'm a huge audiophile. I owned every "good" headphone on the planet.

[snip]

If you want audiophile quality and portability, I suggest you get what I have:

Denon D7000
NuForce Icon iDo DAC
FLAC Player app

[snip]

You're poor.

Poor people buy Sennheiser.

People with strong taste and wealth listen to true audiophile quality: Dennon D7000 w/ DAC & FLAC

[snip]

One thing I'd like to add is that Beats has the best build quality you'll find in any cheap headphones (under $500).

Monster did a fantastic job with that. It compares to the build quality of my Denon D7000s which cost me $1K.

You just earned 10 internets!

Seriously: You must be one of those "audiophiles" who thinks more $ = better sound quality...

A few observations:

Flac files are in no way better then accurately ripped 256 kbps mp3s or mp4s. Tried and true with several ABX blind tests. Mind you this this scientifical sound, so don't bother to even argue this and please don't answer with something like: "LPs sound better then CDs..." (they might sound warmer, but they are undisputedly inferior in every way).

Bose has some incredible bad built quality. I had a speaker system from them built into my Mercedes and I always had problems. I also had one power connector on one of their iPod sound stations break after just half a year of use. Two products, both expensive, both failing...I'm not buying Bose again.

Same goes for Beats...just look at the (unbiased) bad reviews on Amazon or the like. They are all horror stories on how quickly they break.

Calling people poor is pretty aggressive. And seriously...It just sounds like you are one or those (mentally) poor persons who really believes in snake oil when it comes to sounds quality. I suggest you stop writing anything about sound quality because you are starting to look pretty clueless.

I for one was once like you. For example I bought myself a Hifiman portable audio player believing it is just soooooo much better (considering all the reviews from headfi.org). Spend around 1100$ for it with shipping and extras. At first I thought it is just soo much better, but it really it just placebo. After seeing some of the RMA curves and reading the poor and stupid apologies being made and actually having the people who conducted the scientific RMA test being banned from the head-fi forum, I concluded myself, that those "audiophiles" over at head-fi live in their own reality...not all of them, but you better do take their advice with a huge grain of salt! Now I'm rocking my JH 16 Pro through a superb Cowon Player.

That being said unfortunately the same people who fall for the Beats advertisement also fall for the Apple advertisement. Few people actually really need an i7 over an i5. People who claim games are running better on an i7 then on an i5 are wrong. People who think paying 250$ for a 128GB SSD is fine are wrong. People who think they need to completely max out their Mac are wrong. Seriously most people here either a) don't think about their need when they purchase Apple product or/and b) just need to compensate for smaller things with spending big time on a life-style product (e.g. Apple, Beats, Bose, ...). By all means go ahead...everybody can do what they want with their money, but don't pretend you are in someway superior to people who don't spent a ridiculous amount of money on such product. I think before I purchase stuff.

The claim of "huge audiophile" and being pro-bose are not compatible! :)

I'd normally not bother to respond, bu your obnoxious 'born wrong, live wrong' to fellow poster indicate you yourself are in need of some education.

Bose has partly hung on to some of there former value in the noise reduction technology presently used in cans for flying businessmen - I will give you that. But otherwise, bose is a over hyped (but super well marketed, they got you hook line and sinker after all) bottom feeder in the audio business.

Don't bother with him

I thought this thread was about a subscription music service, not who's headphones are the best according to audiophiles. :confused

I use Spotify every day. Love it. Not sure what would make an Apple subscription service better other than having a larger library of music? But if an artist doesn't allow their music to be streamed via Spotify would they allow it wit Apple?

Actually we are just trying to make a point: why should a guy who runs a company making such crappy overrated products give advice to Apple?

Jesus Christ, where do I even begin?

It doesn't ****ing matter if Dre passed middle school or not because he is an extremely successful businessman and rapper, he accomplished more than you probably ever will. And if he wants to call himself Dr.Dre, so what? This isn't a topic about artist names.
You're also stating that rappers don't even make quality music... That's a little bit childish, don't you think?
I even wonder if you ever tried Beats headphones, they are not that inferior to whatever headphones you get for the same price, but I guess it's easy to bash on something you don't even know, because... you're bored?

I don't want to come of as a racist, but black music has been overhyped. It's the reason I don't watch music television anymore, nor do I listen to radio anymore. I don't need another no name black artist singing "yeah...yeah...yeah...i got all the money in the world...women...cars...boobs" to a synthesized beat all being pushed by this weird music industry of late. And no: the statement about quality music is not childish. Ever heard something about loudness wars? Some of those CDs being produced are actually unlistenable, because they are just sooooo wrongly mastered (moar bass and moar loud!...) - it just sounds like someone is throwing up: and again this is not something subjectively that is something very objectively provable!

Jacquesass

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
I don't mean to comment on the article in this headphone thread, but this guy kind of sounds like a D-bag. I just read Iovine's resume; he's more financially successful than I will ever be - but I highly doubt Jobs was as chummy about Jimmy as Jimmy now retells it. He seems more like a "bozo" ... and I would imagine that (and the fact that Jobs didn't see a good business case in paying the record companies a large sum just to stream) is why Jobs wasn't "keen" on Jimmy's big streaming scheme.

(I use Audio Technica's because I'm not quite ready to pop for the B&W's. I have never tried the Beats - they're not my, ahem, style.)

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
Dr Dre, Birdman, Jay-Z, 50 cent
Dre, Jay-Z and 50 Cent are far from "wannabes", you've gotta be kidding. Not terribly familiar with all of Birdman's stuff so no comment. I'm no fan of Fifty but every one of those guys have turned out highly successful quality hits and Dre, Jay-Z and Eminem are legendary rappers and are all over age 40. Jay-Z and Eminem still turn out hits and even if neither of them turned out another hit, they've already been highly established. Sadly, every one of these guys highly promote Dre's awful Beats headphones.

Wiz and Mac are on their way to the top.
Yep and when their time passes and their hits begin to drop you'll challenge it when some other kid posts saying that these guys are wannabe rappers.

If you want the best quality go with Bose.

Most comfortable.
Best noise canellation (noticable).
Very good balance between bass and treble.

I went through the most expensive Beats and Sennheisers. Bose still has the best all around ear headphones.
The QC 15's there actually the first pair of headphones I bought and after one week I returned them. They do in fact have great sound but there's 2 issues with them. They are marketed mostly for the noise canceling and it's active, not passive. BIG OOPS, at least for me and several others that posted blogs about them. The active noise canceling puts a lot of pressure on the ear drum and I kept getting daily headaches each time I wore them. They worked excellent shunning out noise, probably the best on the market but it comes with the price of discomfort.
Second OOPS is these headphones are best suited for classical, jazz and other forms of soft music. There's no base response and when I tried to listen to anything with a beat to it the base response clipped very badly.

Took them back to the Apple store and tried out the Bowers and Wilkins P5's. Best in class!! Very effective passive noise canceling (if not a rivaling of the Bose). All metal headband and 100% sheep's leather covered foam pads. No plastic and no vinyl materials. Excellent highs and lows for all genre's of music and absolutely zero clipping no matter how heavy the beat was. The one thing that I loved is that I could turn the volume up on the highest level and there was no distortion. The Bose couldn't pass that test. If you haven't tested the B&W P5's, you should. They are the same price as the Bose and Beats Studio's.

Beats has more bass than treble (duh)
No argument here. :)

Last edited:

iAco

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
You just earned 10 internets!

Seriously: You must be one of those "audiophiles" who thinks more $ = better sound quality...

A few observations:

Flac files are in no way better then accurately ripped 256 kbps mp3s or mp4s. Tried and true with several ABX blind tests. Mind you this this scientifical sound, so don't bother to even argue this and please don't answer with something like: "LPs sound better then CDs..." (they might sound warmer, but they are undisputedly inferior in every way).

Bose has some incredible bad built quality. I had a speaker system from them built into my Mercedes and I always had problems. I also had one power connector on one of their iPod sound stations break after just half a year of use. Two products, both expensive, both failing...I'm not buying Bose again.

Same goes for Beats...just look at the (unbiased) bad reviews on Amazon or the like. They are all horror stories on how quickly they break.

Calling people poor is pretty aggressive. And seriously...It just sounds like you are one or those (mentally) poor persons who really believes in snake oil when it comes to sounds quality. I suggest you stop writing anything about sound quality because you are starting to look pretty clueless.

I for one was once like you. For example I bought myself a Hifiman portable audio player believing it is just soooooo much better (considering all the reviews from headfi.org). Spend around 1100$ for it with shipping and extras. At first I thought it is just soo much better, but it really it just placebo. After seeing some of the RMA curves and reading the poor and stupid apologies being made and actually having the people who conducted the scientific RMA test being banned from the head-fi forum, I concluded myself, that those "audiophiles" over at head-fi live in their own reality...not all of them, but you better do take their advice with a huge grain of salt! Now I'm rocking my JH 16 Pro through a superb Cowon Player.

That being said unfortunately the same people who fall for the Beats advertisement also fall for the Apple advertisement. Few people actually really need an i7 over an i5. People who claim games are running better on an i7 then on an i5 are wrong. People who think paying 250$ for a 128GB SSD is fine are wrong. People who think they need to completely max out their Mac are wrong. Seriously most people here either a) don't think about their need when they purchase Apple product or/and b) just need to compensate for smaller things with spending big time on a life-style product (e.g. Apple, Beats, Bose, ...). By all means go ahead...everybody can do what they want with their money, but don't pretend you are in someway superior to people who don't spent a ridiculous amount of money on such product. I think before I purchase stuff.

Don't bother with him

Actually we are just trying to make a point: why should a guy who runs a company making such crappy overrated products give advice to Apple?

I don't want to come of as a racist, but black music has been overhyped. It's the reason I don't watch music television anymore, nor do I listen to radio anymore. I don't need another no name black artist singing "yeah...yeah...yeah...i got all the money in the world...women...cars...boobs" to a synthesized beat all being pushed by this weird music industry of late. And no: the statement about quality music is not childish. Ever heard something about loudness wars? Some of those CDs being produced are actually unlistenable, because they are just sooooo wrongly mastered (moar bass and moar loud!...) - it just sounds like someone is throwing up: and again this is not something subjectively that is something very objectively provable!

When money isn't your limiting factor you get the best on the planet. This is law.

If you're so horny about audio quality, just do what my friend did and spend $4K to have your ears molded, custom cans made, and work with an engineer to choose the number of drivers/tweeters and materials to build your headphones. And that didn't even include a box. SHURE offers this service. They will make you custom headphones for a fat price tag.

I stand firm in my statement that the Bose QC15 are better than its $350 Beats or Sennheiser counterparts. Good balance (treble & bass) and it's the noise cancellation that does the trick.

Also what the hell do you call dubstep then?

----------

Dre, Jay-Z and 50 Cent are far from "wannabes", you've gotta be kidding. Not terribly familiar with all of Birdman's stuff so no comment. I'm no fan of Fifty but every one of those guys have turned out highly successful quality hits and Dre, Jay-Z and Eminem are legendary rappers and are all over age 40. Jay-Z and Eminem still turn out hits and even if neither of them turned out another hit, they've already been highly established. Sadly, every one of these guys highly promote Dre's awful Beats headphones.

Yep and when their time passes and their hits begin to drop you'll challenge it when some other kid posts saying that these guys are wannabe rappers.

The QC 15's there actually the first pair of headphones I bought and after one week I returned them. They do in fact have great sound but there's 2 issues with them. They are marketed mostly for the noise canceling and it's active, not passive. BIG OOPS, at least for me and several others that posted blogs about them. The active noise canceling puts a lot of pressure on the ear drum and I kept getting daily headaches each time I wore them. They worked excellent shunning out noise, probably the best on the market but it comes with the price of discomfort.
Second OOPS is these headphones are best suited for classical, jazz and other forms of soft music. There's no base response and when I tried to listen to anything with a beat to it the base response clipped very badly.

Took them back to the Apple store and tried out the Bowers and Wilkins P5's. Best in class!! Very effective passive noise canceling (if not a rivaling of the Bose). All metal headband and 100% sheep's leather covered foam pads. No plastic and no vinyl materials. Excellent highs and lows for all genre's of music and absolutely zero clipping no matter how heavy the beat was. The one thing that I loved is that I could turn the volume up on the highest level and there was no distortion. The Bose couldn't pass that test. If you haven't tested the B&W P5's, you should. They are the same price as the Bose and Beats Studio's.

No argument here. :)

No.

"yeah...yeah...yeah...i got all the money in the world...women...cars...boobs"

That's a lifestyle you will NEVER know.

Last edited:

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
To Jimmy and Doug.

Remember in 1999 when you signed my band because we were the biggest thing online?

Remember when you asked me what the future of the music business would be and I said 99 cent singles?

Remember how you both told me that (as well as subscription) services would never happen in your lifetime?

Glad to see you woke up during your lifetime.

It's too late now to implement your ideas in a way that would be as profitable as they would have been a decade ago.

Good Luck!

Ron

go go power rangers?

roxxette

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2011
If whe can get itunes stream service it will be nice :) i love spotify but some albums are missed.

Regarding beats well the only bad thing is they are overpriced, by that i mean you can do better with less money but probably not that easy on the eye :eek:

Myself i use my UE18 IEM and nothing beats the conformt, to the guy with the JH16 congratz you made the right choice.

Ps. Sorry for the english :)

iAco

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I think the only headphones that beat the d7000/hd800 that are commercially available is the HiFiMan HE-6

Needs much more power though. The amp/dac would cost you about the price of the headphones.

unitysong

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2008
Topside
Recess!!

Dr. Dre smoked more weed, banged more girls, owns more cars, and has more money than you'll ever have.

1. Dr Dre – $110 Million
4. U2 – $78 Million

Hahah!

This is great! All of your posts read like something I'd hear in a playground at recess. Makes me nostalgic and gave me a smile... thank you! If I spent more than five minutes a year reading forums posts, I'd wait around just to hear if your dad could beat up my dad.

More than half of those "artists" make jackass material engineered to appeal to 12 year-old boys and 13 year-old girls... a demographic you're evidently part of. If/when you start wearing big boy pants, you'll start losing respect for people who trade integrity for the "more weed, more girls, more cars, more money, kicking someone's ass" game. Maybe "more child support" or "more scholarships" will figure into it.

One other thing, I don't think it's fair to compare normal headphones to neck speakers. One is for listening to music, the other is for trying to impress people with yet another superficial product of the hip-hop/rap/small wiener compensation genre.

Attachments

• beats.jpg
    beats.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 76

Galatian

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2010
Berlin
When money isn't your limiting factor you get the best on the planet. This is law.

If you're so horny about audio quality, just do what my friend did and spend $4K to have your ears molded, custom cans made, and work with an engineer to choose the number of drivers/tweeters and materials to build your headphones. And that didn't even include a box. SHURE offers this service. They will make you custom headphones for a fat price tag.

I stand firm in my statement that the Bose QC15 are better than its $350 Beats or Sennheiser counterparts. Good balance (treble & bass) and it's the noise cancellation that does the trick.

Also what the hell do you call dubstep then?

I'm sorry if this hasn't been clear: my JH16 Pro are full custom In-Ear Monitor and are considered to be the best available. What else would I want? With their new combo they are fine tuning them acoustically. Adding some gold or diamonds is not going to make them sound any better...

Oh and please? You really believe more expensive products are necessarily better? You do realize that probably most of what you have at home has a constructions cost of what...5$ made in China? How delusional can one person possibly be? Yes sure I understand you got money and you can spend it all you want. So do I, but I sure won't spent my money foolishly.

FroColin

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2008
So much hate on beats....
I got a pair of white solo hd's for my birthday and they are good, comfortable, and lightweight. I also have some audio technicas I use for logic but those are monitors and sound better than the beats....but not by much. I think they get a lot of hate because of their price but it's like paying for designer jeans, you're paying for the name on the jeans!!
That's true, and I understand why you'd say that. The hate is coming from people who like to listen to music with their headphones and the reason that hate is so accepted is because headphones are generally thought of as devices that we listen to music on and not fashion statements, jeans on the other hand are mostly fashion statements although they do cover your legs. There are headphones that are objectively better than Beats for half the price, less than half the price. I'm not saying that they should get hate, but when I see people wearing them who think that they are getting high quality audio and think that they are really music people I assume these people are just buying into the latest thing. If someone told me "I bought them for the looks" I wouldn't assume anything about their intelligence but I wouldn't admire them for placing looks over quality but then I'm an audiophile so... I'm kind of annoying too ;)

----------

1. Dr Dre – $110 Million
4. U2 – $78 Million

Hahah!

But see, that speaks to his ability to make money, smoke weed, bang girls, and buy cars, not his ability to make good audio products. I mean... the guy is certainly smart, and lucky, and probably talented. But that doesn't mean he makes good headphones, there is no correlation

iAco

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2012
I'm sorry if this hasn't been clear: my JH16 Pro are full custom In-Ear Monitor and are considered to be the best available. What else would I want? With their new combo they are fine tuning them acoustically. Adding some gold or diamonds is not going to make them sound any better...

Oh and please? You really believe more expensive products are necessarily better? You do realize that probably most of what you have at home has a constructions cost of what...5$ made in China? How delusional can one person possibly be? Yes sure I understand you got money and you can spend it all you want. So do I, but I sure won't spent my money foolishly.

The money is in the material. Not assembly. China is assembly labor. $90/mo/peasant (50+hrs/wk).

Depending on the materials you use, and believe the list is infinite, and how you engineer it (eg you can use square drivers over circles to push more volume), is what determines the price and performance.

You can get a plasma speaker and enjoy 0 Ohms. Crystal clear sound but lacks bass. But this is just an example of "materials" used and the technology that produces the sound. It's more complicated for headphones because you're moving so little air. I'm talking about bass specifically (as the OP discusses Beats). For good bass in any headphone it must be around ear. With good seal/suction. The oval shape in the Bose QC15 is very good at this. Your ears aren't circles. They are gonna fit better in ovals. This is why I think the comfort level on them is second to none. Those big circular cans/cushions, as you see in the Beats or some Sinneisers, rest against parts of your ear (not head) and that can get irritating/heated. Mind you I'm only talking about cheap headphones (under $400). If you get something like the D7000 or HiFiMan HE-6, those cans are huge and will surely fit comfortably. In some cases you can replace the cushion with cooling-gel in it. This will keep your head cool. Once again, more on materials...

You can buy a plasma speaker, custom made, for $5-10K. But I think that's enormously stupid.

Just saying...

SfRkc.jpg

Last edited:

bazinga!!

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2012
Belgium

OMG...just OMG

Sy7ygy

Suspended
Nov 16, 2012
Not sure if this is sarcasm...because it sure sound's like it is, since both Bose and Beats are highly overrated and overpriced. People tend to think that more bass = better sound quality. Unfortunately our brain works that way. It's the first thing you notice once you try out a new headphone or loudspeaker. Let me tell you after you have grown accustomed to some "real" premium product (I proudly own custom made In-Ear - Jerry Harvey Audio 16 Pro) there is no going back. You will immediately hear how ****** everything else sounds. And in that respect most Bose products and all of the Beats products just sound the crappiest!

Really?

C'mon man, I've listend to a pair of B&W Nautilus speakers in a purpose built hall.. I KNOW good sound quality.

Beats are good, granted the Studio's aren't that well made, but my Pro's are fantastic..

powers74

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2008
At the bend in the river
When you're famous your fame is a currency in itself.

Dr Dre may not have invented the "Beats" brand but he put his name on it. And if the product flopped, he flopped.

One cannot exist without the other. It's like Woz and Jobs. Engineering and Marketing.

So we agree, the good doctor signed a piece of paper.

AppliedMicro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
One thing I'd like to add is that Beats has the best build quality you'll find in any cheap headphones (under $500).
:confused:

Due to my job, I have some insight into some product failure rates for consumer headphones and Apple hardware/accessoies - which Beats topped. Easily.

Beats Solo and Studio are horrible, absolutely horrible in terms of build quality. They are made of cheap plastic that's prone to break. As are the earpieces. I mean... I can understand that a headphone cable can break. But headbands? Really? So many of them Beats? It's not that hard to manufacture something decent.

Granted, the Pro was decent - but then, you can't really get it that wrong with the metal headband. And their newer products, like the Mixr, actually seem decent, too. Though not much better than some others - and certainly not better than others at the same price point.

As for sound quality, the Beats aren't as bad as some of the rep they get, if and only if you're looking for overemphasized bass bass reproduction. Though that's certainly a big "if" (...you're looking for crazily overemphasized bass reproduction). On the other hand, they are practically unusable for any classic listening.

Price/performance? Don't get me even started. You're certainly paying for all the marketing, the rappers and footballers to whom they gave these away for free. One of the worst. And I say this even though I often do listen to that should qualify as rather suited to them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.