Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Take of yer beer goggles, mate! Just kidding...

Do you run your brightness super low or super high? Usually brightness pays a factor into eyestrain for me, not font sizes.

Also, I typically use Chrome on my iMac 27" and scale pages at 125% and set minimum font size to 12, 13 or 14. Did you try that?

You can do this within Chrome or by extension? If so which one?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Who the hell uses a Credit Card to buy a computer? It's not like a computer is a major expense.

Of course walking into the Apple Store and buying three iMacs with cash causes confusion. They need to bring in two witnesses to watch the cash being counted.

I love the guys at the Apple Store in Christiana Mall ( Delaware ) they always greet me with a smile and their hands held open ( to take my money ).

I got there because there is no sales tax, and when you buy three or more Apple computers at once that 6% adds up.

I always love that response. Who buys a computer with a credit card? Those who want an additional 4% cash back (my case), or those who want 3,500 airline miles (some others motivation)... Just because you chose to use a form of payment which hasn't been mainstream since the 1950's, don't act like buying on a credit card is so strange.

Buying on a credit card gives you an extra level of protection in the event of a purchase dispute, warranty issue, return period extension, not to mention the loyalty points or cash back. You completely contradict yourself when you talk about how quickly 6% off adds up, yet fail to see how 10% off would add up even more.

Just because you may not be responsible enough to buy it on a credit card, then give your "cash" to the credit card company, don't discredit the method as some foreign way to buy.

jido

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2010
I like the resolution, but most of the time I sit away from the display and set it to 1600x900. For image-related work I sit next to it at full res. Would love an option to use full-res pictures and fonts in 1600x900.

AppleFan360

macrumors 68020
Jan 26, 2008
I agree. 27" can be too big. I wanted the real estate as well so I got the 21.5" iMac and a second screen next to it to get the real estate I wanted without having one big 27" screen. Works nicely for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.