Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elvir180

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2013
So I've finally decided to get an iPhone 4. Now the decision of which one to buy! So which is better iPhone 4 for Virgin Mobile which can be purchased for $350 on their website or buy an iPhone 4 Sprint/Verizon and flash/unlock it to Virgin Mobile? Which is cheaper and more efficient? Because I heard that if you flashed an IPhone 4 to MetroPCS then the MMS or data would not work properly. Would flashing an iPhone 4 to Virgin Mobile give you all the features? Or is it best to pay $350 to buy the iPhone 4 off the Virgin Mobile website?

Thanks,
Elvir Smajlovic
iPod user to upgrade to iPhone 4

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
Yeah but I'm looking to get an IPhone 4 contract free! and on sprints network the phone is $450 for a Iphone 4 when I could get it for $350 on Virgin Mobile without having to sign a contract! :apple:

$350 is a lot for iPhone that is only 8 GB. That is 2 models old. You could get an unlocked GSM or even an AT&T with more storage on eBay, slightly cheaper and can use on better network like AT&T or even Straight Talk prepaid. You might even get a 4S for that price.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
The iPhone 4 isn't worth paying $350 for. Even off contract. You're getting 512mb of RAM, an 800MHz Single Core CPU, and 8gb of storage. With the rate of how things are going, that's a bad investment. If it were free, I'd be less hesitant to recommend it but I'd still be wary. Look on ebay for a used unlocked 4s if you must have an iPhone.

I hate to recommend this on the iPhone forum, but if you want a cheap, unlocked, new phone. I'd take a look at the Galaxy S3 Mini.

1gb RAM
1Ghz Dual Core
8-16gb of Storage with SD card expansion.
Bluetooth 4.0
Dual Band Wifi.

We can argue which OS is better (both have their strengths and weaknesses) until the end of mankind, but if you want solid bang for your buck in a cheap, unlocked phone in a small package, the S3 Mini makes a compelling option.

Last edited:

moonman239

Cancelled
Mar 27, 2009
At least get an iPhone 4S. The iPhone 4 is heavily crippled because of its 2-and-a-half-year-old hardware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.