Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Thanks, didn't know that. Sounds great, even though it would be even better to be able to add them right away "on the fly" ;).

If you don't want to use the function, it wouldn't be a point, but to the ones wanting it it would. And since you can type just as normal it wouldn't be any downsides for you and others don't using it, only upsides for the ones who wants it.

I thought I had seen a keyboard calibration option on iPhone, but can't find it now. I can't remember if I had it on my Xperia Ray (think so but not sure), but I'm sure you could calibrate the keyboards on my past HTC phones so that it would suit the way you typed.

I'm not just talking about a one-time calibration. I'm talking about dynamic calibration. Sometimes my fingers are positioned differently when I'm sitting down, lying on my side, in bed, standing up, one handed, two handed, etc. Like a "smart" keyboard. That would be cool.

Chops piece

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
So someone will correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the speed record for texting set by someone using swype? Personally, the best texting keyboard technology is the one that is the fastest and swype is the best in my opinion. I am an android user thinking about moving to the iphone and this is a serious consideration for me. I wish that apple would stop being so independent and just adopt the technology. Go swype! Direct me to any frivolous petition. I will sign it.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
I have a Galaxy S3 for my work phone with SwiftKey loaded, but I never use it
Come to think of it, I never use my Galaxy S3
I have the number forwarded to my personal iPhone instead
I used to carry both around, but now I rarely bother with the S3

prfrma

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 29, 2010
I recently got an ipod and it's been great but the one thing holding it back was the ability to set default apps or change keyboard with our jailbreak. Give how iPhone sales might be dragging maybe they might be more receptive to suggestions from customers?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.