Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryansmith1

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2013
UK
Pioneer_HDJ-500_On_Ear_Headphones.jpg

Skorpion24

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2009
Guys I really need your help cause I'm confused, I'm searching for a closed headphones for under 100€ with nice bass.
I listen pretty much everything, from Rock-Metal to Hip-Hop and Electronic, but lately I'm always on trance and d&b.
Thank you :apple:

King Shady

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2010
San Jose, CA
m-100_shadow_flying_square_web.jpg

V-Moda M-100's. Got them on Christmas and they blow my old Audio-Technica's (which were great for the price) out of the water! So impressed with them! :D

JoshMKB24

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2013
Midwest
Beats by Dre Studio in white
photo2bnm.jpg

I guess I also have like 4 pairs of ear buds and 3 pairs of ear pods too, but I only use them for working out or when I'm riding the CTA and don't wanna get jacked. If I'm doing anything else I use these

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
V-Moda M-100's. Got them on Christmas and they blow my old Audio-Technica's (which were great for the price) out of the water! So impressed with them! :D

Nice. I didn't even realize the M-100's were coming out. I was considering the M-80's and DT 1350's before I settled on the amperiors.

Bye Bye Baby

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2004
i(am in the)cloud
How are the Astro A50's?

Truthfully I have nothing to which to compare them and so my comments are based on audio quality as opposed to gaming audio specifics. I have never used another pair of gaming headphones. Musically they are not a patch on the B&Ws.

As far as gaming experience goes, they don't mach up to my true surround sound setup, which I think is spectacular. But they do a god job of reproducing the audio experience, but don't expect surround sound performance.

I would like to ry the PX5s from turtle beach.

Does that help?

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
Bose_AE2_audio_headphones.jpg

Not my picture because I don't want to stop listening to them :D Got these Bose AE2 headphones right after Christmas and I absolutely love them. I also have the Sennheiser HD280s I posted a while back but they would get so uncomfortable after wearing them for a while, and the cord was a bit cumbersome for my taste. Also have the EarPods that came with my iPhone 5, but I don't really use them too much.

dxstewart

macrumors regular
Sep 2, 2010
I own two pairs of in-ear headphones, one headphone and one pair of Apple's new EarPods. These are the ones I currently have a photo of because of a recent blog post. They're nice for their inexpensive price.

424170_10151271971592830_1708676093_n.jpg

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
always been a focal fan. how are they?

My first Focal product. I was in NYC a couple of months ago and went over to J&R with every intention of buying the Parrot Zik's.

Well I tried about 20 pair of headphones on in the store, and gave these a listen. Did not buy, but rather read up all over on review sites.

I bought them finally on Amazon around Thanksgiving time. I really do enjoy them!

They sound spectacular, fit very well on my head, and do not hurt my ears like others. I used them on a 10 hour flight and was very happy with the build quality, the noise canceling, and the overall comfort.

Really, they are a quality product for the price. Quite frankly; as much as I looked around, for the price and quality of product- I have yet to see a better set of cans at his price point.

Granted, I got them on Amazon (open box, like new) for 139.00.

I am not an audiofile (professional reviewer), but I like my music and know my "feel" for the sound. These won hands down.

My son who has the Seinheiser HD-25-II, and is a "snob" for his headphones :eek:- even found these outstanding. I could see the jealousy in his eyes.:D

Give them a listen if you have an opportunity, I think you may be rather pleased.

Comes with a real nice hard zip case
excellent iphone cord (braided cloth covered) with an aluminum control mic
will take an additional straight cord- non mic, from any standard set. I had an extra beats cord from my wife's I use with them, as the cans have a jack to plug into (not permanent cable).

well, that went a little on now ..... sorry for the lengthy post.

tldr- love em.

knux11

macrumors regular
Apr 22, 2008
My first Focal product. I was in NYC a couple of months ago and went over to J&R with every intention of buying the Parrot Zik's.

Well I tried about 20 pair of headphones on in the store, and gave these a listen. Did not buy, but rather read up all over on review sites.

I bought them finally on Amazon around Thanksgiving time. I really do enjoy them!

They sound spectacular, fit very well on my head, and do not hurt my ears like others. I used them on a 10 hour flight and was very happy with the build quality, the noise canceling, and the overall comfort.

Really, they are a quality product for the price. Quite frankly; as much as I looked around, for the price and quality of product- I have yet to see a better set of cans at his price point.

Granted, I got them on Amazon (open box, like new) for 139.00.

I am not an audiofile (professional reviewer), but I like my music and know my "feel" for the sound. These won hands down.

My son who has the Seinheiser HD-25-II, and is a "snob" for his headphones :eek:- even found these outstanding. I could see the jealousy in his eyes.:D

Give them a listen if you have an opportunity, I think you may be rather pleased.

Comes with a real nice hard zip case
excellent iphone cord (braided cloth covered) with an aluminum control mic
will take an additional straight cord- non mic, from any standard set. I had an extra beats cord from my wife's I use with them, as the cans have a jack to plug into (not permanent cable).

well, that went a little on now ..... sorry for the lengthy post.

tldr- love em.
cool. a lot of reviews say they're overpriced and one of the ears shorts out. but at 139 thats a good price. they're like 187 now open box from amazon.

skippymac

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
Hampshire, UK
I'm looking at getting the RHA SA950i headphones, and see that they've got pretty much all positive reviews. Just wondering if anyone has any hands on experience with them and could possibly compare them to some similar priced cans?

Toyed with the idea of stretching for B&W P3 or 5s but I really can't justify spending more than £50-£75 on headphones at this point :(

noodle24

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2013
I use the Klipsch Image S4i's. They are very comfortable to full day use. The best thing about them is the warranty though. After trying dozens of earbuds, I've come to the conclusion that no matter what, they stop working eventually. Fortunately with Klipsch, you send them one email and they ship you out another when they stop working.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I use the Klipsch Image S4i's. They are very comfortable to full day use. The best thing about them is the warranty though. After trying dozens of earbuds, I've come to the conclusion that no matter what, they stop working eventually. Fortunately with Klipsch, you send them one email and they ship you out another when they stop working.

Just ordered these from ebay!

zeroh3ro

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
Leeds
Ive used many headphones spending upwards of £60 but all been quite mediocre or have broken. Needed a new pair quickly i picked up a pair of Sennheiser Cx150s for £14.99 and haven't looked back. I really think these headphones are phenomenal for the price tag. Highly recommend!

cx150-large0.jpg

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Had a black pari of these and they broke... Got them replaced under the lifetime warranty. Way to go Skullcandy.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 117
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 113
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.