Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
I'm enjoying my iPad mini Tonight...are you? It's really such a fantastic product! It's a shame some people are waiting for a retina update that won't be out till fall...If you want one, have the money to get one, go out and pick one of these beauties up :) no sense in waiting when the mini, a great mini, is already here!...enjoy!

Ok gotta go, just downloaded Infinity Blade 2 on my iPad mini...gorgeous game on such a lightweight gorgeous device!

Last edited:

pcubed18

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
I got one a week ago. Verizon LTE 16g in black. At first I was so so on it....now I love it. Think it's amazing.
Granted it is my first ever iPad.

Zotaccian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2012
Yes this is a nice low weight and slim device. Low resolution has not been a problem in my use altough retina is of course superior, if mini 2 really gets retina display it would be an awesome product, low weight and excellent display. However it might too great and cannibalize bigger iPad sales, of course Apple could still use better processor as selling point for pricier iPads.

jeans94621

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I love my ipad mini. I am upgrading from an iPad first generation. So this is a big improvement. Because it is basically the same resolution as the first one the screen looks fine to me even better.

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
Using it to type this as I watch the nfl playoffs. Truly a revolutionary product with its ultra-light design and fantastic stereo speakers.

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Yes this is a nice low weight and slim device. Low resolution has not been a problem in my use altough retina is of course superior, if mini 2 really gets retina display it would be an awesome product, low weight and excellent display. However it might too great and cannibalize bigger iPad sales, of course Apple could still use better processor as selling point for pricier iPads.

Not sure that it's going to cannibalize the iPad since different folks have different preferences. I think the mini is awesome and purchased one for a Christmas gift. The recipient loves it and I got to use it for a while. It's sweet.

But would I buy one for myself? No. Right now I have an iPad 2 (cellular) which works perfectly. Also have an iPod touch 5G, which slips into the pocket of my jacket, or jeans, or slacks. The mini is too large to do that.

So when I decide to replace my iPad 2, it will be the 9.5" size.

sadoering

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2011
I really am enjoying my Mini - perfect size for me and I really don't mind the screen at all. In fact, I really like the strong battery life that this screen probably makes possible. I've been getting about 15 hours of usage on a charge so far. I also really like typing on this since I usually have a two or four finger style most of the time anyways. It's been fun to have my iPhone, MacBook, and now the Mini all synced up together.

I'm typing during the playoff games as well!

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
At the moment, I'm enjoying my iPad 3. The mini is nice for when I go out, but when at home, the retina display and just the larger overall size of the iPad 3 is king. It's just so much easier to hit the touch targets on the larger screen.

Rodster

macrumors 68040
May 15, 2007
At the moment, I'm enjoying my iPad 3. The mini is nice for when I go out, but when at home, the retina display and just the larger overall size of the iPad 3 is king. It's just so much easier to hit the touch targets on the larger screen.

That's another thing that's held me back from buying a mini. I just love that no matter whether i'm zoomed in or not I know when I touch an area on the screen my iPad 2/3 gets it right 99.99% of the time.

AmyK

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2010
I haven't stopped loving it since it was delivered... And the hubby loves "his" 3. (I let him think its his but its mine too) :)

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
Oh yeah. Almost every night. Learning about vintage watches these days. Fascinating. When it is time to bed down, will fall asleep to an old classic movie on youtube. And whenever something comes up that would be done better on a laptop, I just email the link to myself for later. Love my mini still and always.

S

syd430

I'm enjoying my iPad mini Tonight...are you? It's really such a fantastic product!

Based on your post history, it seems that you've had a Mini for some time (at least a couple of weeks). I've always found it to be a bit weird when people feel the need to make a thread like this stating their love for something, especially since you didn't just buy it a few hours ago.

I've also used a Mini, it's really not the godly device that many here make it out to be (IMO, of course).

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
Based on your post history, it seems that you've had a Mini for some time (at least a couple of weeks). I've always found it to be a bit weird when people feel the need to make a thread like this stating their love for something, especially since you didn't just buy it a few hours ago.

I know. It is kind of strange. But I've grown to expect a new "I love my (blank)" thread on a daily basis.

I have also noticed that these types of threads are directly proportionate to the people complaining about said device. The more people express their displeasure in a device, the more "I love my (device)" threads pop up.

stuaz

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2012
I have also noticed that these types of threads are directly proportionate to the people complaining about said device. The more people express their displeasure in a device, the more "I love my (device)" threads pop up.

Lol never a truer word spoken!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.