Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
HI all
Okay this thread may have to be in the wasteland, but going to ask anyway. Call me paranoid.

How strong is the seal that goes around the iphone, when it comes to protecting from any liquid going through into the phone, along the sides of the screen. For example if some liquid accidentally spilled on the screen, for example tea, and you quickly wipe it, but you have concerns that it may have gone to the side of the screen and into the phone. This is an iphone 5 by the way.

thanks all.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
accidentally spilled some tea on the screen near the side/edge of the screen.

If it you wiped it of quickly it's fine. I've had my iPhone(s) fully submerged in water before and they survived without even needing to turn them of.

abz1981

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 3, 2011
If it you wiped it of quickly it's fine. I've had my iPhone(s) fully submerged in water before and they survived without even needing to turn them of.

Thanks macingman. How did yours manage to survive fully in water, wouldn't the liquid indicator change colour?

kingdLo

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2009
The iPhone 5 is very resistant to water. I had water over every button while being pushed and none ever broke. Not just some water on my fingers but rather constantly putting liquid on/around the buttons trying to see if they break. None did

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
You'll generally be OK as long as it doesn't go in the dock, headphone jack and/or speakers. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.