Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlovakApple

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2010
In the heart of Europe
Can be. I do not have that of an overview of the specs. But when I think of it now, the 13 inch MBA is similar to the 13 MBPr. When I was writing the post, I was thinking of the 11 inch model.

Last edited:

Amad3U5

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2012
Sydney
Better wifi

The wifi on my MBA only works properly if I am on the opposite side of my room closer to the door. If I use it where my desk is the signal is abysmal. So I had to move my desk to the other side just so I could use it :confused: I was very disgusted by that

That must be a problem with your router, because I get four bars of WiFi on my 13" and my router is all the way down the hall.

----------

two things. Better fans. QUITER fans. Jesus, playing a game on the 2012 model, I might as well move in at the local airport. And the left side gets way too warm under load.

Also I'd like a dedicated GPU. Not that it will happen.

.... and higher resolution, similar to the ASUS Zenbook.

No, dedicated graphics is not going to happen. Not only are discrete GPUs very power-consuming, but Apple will have trouble trying to cram one into the Air.

Stetrain

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2009
Isn't the retina MBP technically the retina air as well, since they are equivalent spec-wise, just with a high-res screen?

The 13" retina MBP has a more powerful CPU which requires more batter and better heat dissipation.

petsk

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
+Better screen & less bezel
+Longer battery life
+Lower SSD prices because current prices are ridiculously high

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I agree, no matter how it's copied, the 11" and 13" Airs, are THE Ultra books!
All screen,no bezel would be very nice,especially in the 11",16MB of RAM,delightful the cherry on the sundae would be a retina screen:p

I'd love a Retina display, at least as an option.

That said, I think that Apple may use the Retina Display to differentiate the Air and Pro lines for the time being, particularly since there is now a tangible difference between the 13" Air and 13" Pro. Maybe they will boost the resolution up a little (1600x900 in the 11" and 1680x1050 in the 13"), or produce an 11" MacBook Pro with Retina Display.

I just replaced my MacBook Air with a 13" rMBP. The weight takes some getting used to, but the screen is gorgeous.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
I dont think they can shave the bezel on the 11 inch and keep the keyboard size as it is so i am hoping they put a 12 inch screen in the same chassis. it does look like they have enough room for it. it would be the ultimate powerbook replacement. then add a 14 inch screen into the 13 inch air. so the screens would be 12 inch and 14 inch. i heard 14 inch sells like crazy in japan so thats a bonus.

apples battery tech is pretty awesome. ive never had a windows machine come close to the same battery life as my mac in the same form factor. I am always up for improvements though.

xMClass

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2011
California
Bigger SSD space for the base models - 256GB should be a minimum, Retina or higher resolution display, true 10 hour battery life, redesigned to have the same or smaller footprint than the current 13" rMBP, and lose the thick bezel around the screen.

And this most likely will not happen but anodized aluminum MacBooks anybody? It's been a long while since Apple made a black computer. Remember the black MacBook? Still one of the coolest looking Apple computers ever made. Just imagine what a MacBook Pro or Air in their current chassis would look like in the slate color.

JoEw

macrumors 68000
Nov 29, 2009
Haswell chip set, Black bezel around the screen like the MBP's. (Edge to edge isn't possible without shrinking the keyboard which is the best thing about the MMA in my opinion.) Haswell will likely bring better battery life no arguments here. IPS panel would be great. 8GB Standard with 16GB top out.

LiveinRiot

macrumors member
Nov 19, 2012
Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
1 -> No retina
2 -> 8GB standard
3 -> 256GB SSD standard
4 -> more faster SSD
5 -> IPS screen
6 -> better contrast
7 -> SHARP IGZO
8 -> 10 hours or more of true battery life in 13''
9 -> less bezel
10 -> better sound
11 -> 2 microphones like retina macbook pro line

Nimravus

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2013
-Light up ports (USB, Power, THunderbolt, SD card slot)
-Increased battery performance to 8+ hours

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.