Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

warpozio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
i upgraded from itunes 10.x to itunes 11 when it came out (i applied the 11.0.1 fix) but i have some problems i haven't fixed yet.

* play count only works if crossfade is disabled
* songs shorter than 10 seconds are not counted at all (Example: Rotosound Strings from 30 Years of Maximum R&B by The Who)
* screensaver kicks in.
When i used cover flow in itunes 10 this stopped the screensaver, allowing to see which album/song/artist was played. in itunes 11 i can use the cover from the miniplayer, but is there a way so screensaver doesn't come up?

i use itunes 11.0.1 on windows 7

warpozio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
I tried with a 12 second sample and this one gets counted as well...

pockets46

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2013
iTunes is a disaster.....

After just reading your post I have come to the conclusion after my nightmare of trying to get some eBooks in the Library that iTunes is the most complicated piece fo garbage I have ever used, or 'tried' to use.....someone who was or is mentally ill put this 'thing' called 'itunes' together....its a wreck. Unfortunately ,my wife bought an iPad so I'm stuck with trying to use this piece of junk.

warpozio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Since I went from itunes 10.x to itunes 11 (and itunes 11.01) I avoid to quit the itunes program, because when I restart it crashes.
(almost every time, 9 out of 10 times)

My soluto hapinness index shows itunes as the suspect program.
I have no plugins, just a clean upgrade on Windows 7 Pro-32 bit.

Am i the only one with this problem?

warpozio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
upgraded tot 11.0.2 and the crashes seem gone.
still problems with the count of short songs.
11 second song gets counted, 9 second song doesn't get counted.
problem with counting plays while crossfade was enabled seems solved as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.