Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ttyyuu12345

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Ok i have 2 ipods a 2nd and a 5th generation. i jailbroke the 2nd and enabled battery percentage. When i undid the jailbreak the battery percentage remained there. When i synced the 5th generation with the 2nd's backup the battery percentage appeared again. can this void the warranty on the 5th generation?

A Hebrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Minnesota
Ok i have 2 ipods a 2nd and a 5th generation. i jailbroke the 2nd and enabled battery percentage. When i undid the jailbreak the battery percentage remained there. When i synced the 5th generation with the 2nd's backup the battery percentage appeared again. can this void the warranty on the 5th generation?

Was the backup of the 2nd gen still jail broken when you made the backup?

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Nah they won't notice.

The reason the % is still there is it adds the gas-gauge-battery:true entry to the features plist - a plist which is backed up with iTunes/iCloud :)

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012
you can enable the battery percentage without ever jailbreaking (see my guide), so they can't use that as proof of jailbreaking, and therefore it shouldn't void the warranty

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.