Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drich290195

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Spoke to apple this morning about my refurb device not showing up under my profile they said it had not been linked to the one it had replaced and they would sort this are their likely to be any problems from this what do they mean by this cheers

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Spoke to apple this morning about my refurb device not showing up under my profile they said it had not been linked to the one it had replaced and they would sort this are their likely to be any problems from this what do they mean by this cheers

When they did the replacement, someone typed in the wrong serial number (either the new or old one).

They'll get it changed - you wont have any problems.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I don't think there will be any problems I sell my iPhone every year and use the money to help upgrade to the new model every one of those old iPhones still show as linked to my account and the owners never contacted me about having any problems with them take care

Drich290195

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Cheers guys they said it was registered to me just not down as replacing the old one so things like lock status had not copied over I had the original unlocked officially with my carrier and this one is unlocked when they finishing linking them do u think it will be liked to my original carrier again and ill have to do the request again o will it copy over. Cheer for your help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.