Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
What a question.

Listen to some music, (the variety is endless and you will certainly find something to match your mood).

Read a book, (between covers is even better than a Kindle....) - the universe and its wonders can be found in pages; go for a walk; watch a movie; hang out with some buddies; have coffee with a friend; sip a beer in a city centre, and watch life go by (a wonderful way to chill in parts of Europe in summer); browse the internet; ask questions of your mind; seek answers to the pressing queries life throws at us........

Boredom - and to admit to boredom - is a strange one. Over my life, I have been frustrated, depressed, absorbed, transfixed, ecstatic, amazed, besotted, focussed, fascinated.....however, I cannot ever recall having been bored in my entire life.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
Can I borrow your pass lol?
tumblr_lm2gmuZABy1qg945w.gif

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Well, right now it's almost 5AM and I'm looking around on eBay and hanging out on MacRumors. Sometimes I go through endless pages on Wikipedia on random stuff.

Like what? I only use Wikipedia to try and work out what other program i know an actress or actor from!
By the way if it's 5am why are you not sleeping on a Sunday morning?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Like what? I only use Wikipedia to try and work out what other program i know an actress or actor from!
By the way if it's 5am why are you not sleeping on a Sunday morning?

I'm usually up at weird hours, just always been like that. My brother is in the next room playing Xbox with his friend. So I'm just keeping guard and making sure they're not getting into any trouble. Took a long nap yesterday and was drinking coffee, so am okay for the most part.

And it depends. Wikipedia has a lot of words linked, and so sometimes I might look up information about a book, and then I end up reading like 100 pages about the origin of the genre, what other works are notable, and like what kind of paper they are usually printed on. And then I end up reading about all the different types of paper there is, and it starts all over again, and then I end up on a page about cheese. :eek:

TweakOnline

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
Europe
Haha, some of you guys have epic answers! :p

Happy Wheels is also a nice game for some time wasting! :)

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
The only time I get bored is when I am being forced by an infuriating bureaucrat to do something that is a waste of my time and resources and of theirs too.

Otherwise, it is impossible to be bored ... There's never enough time for all I want to do and learn.

People who get bored (without bureaucratic intervention) don't read books and haven't yet discovered that they can imagine and create things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.