Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmomega

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
In iTunes itself this isn't a problem, if I have multiple seasons of a TV Show iTunes shows one folder or picture for the entire series.

Click that and then it expands to show the individual seasons.

I thought my AppleTV used to do this as well ( I've been watching more Movies than TV Shows so I can't remember )...
At least now when I go to TV Shows and browse "by show" it shows each individual season down the list of TV Shows.

Isn't there a way to have them grouped, it may be in the metadata, that when you browse by show in Apple TV that you will see the listing as:

Lost
Friends
Top Gear

rather than:

Lost Season 1
Lost Season 2
Friends Season 1
Friends Season 6
and so on

Is this achievable so that it only lists each show name then once you choose a show it will show the seasons?

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    884.1 KB · Views: 412

The-Pro

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2010
Germany
Im playing around with it right now, trying to find out. Right now I cant even put the same series into one folder thing. All seasons are separate in iTunes.
You could create single playlists for each series though. Then when you open it it will expand to the separate seasons. Thats a possibility at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.