Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
For all those that say the battery life on the iPhone 5 is rubbish I think it's great look at this

Same battery life here on my third replacement. (FIRMWARE 6.0.2)
My latest stats says 6 hours 24 minutes
3 days 5 hours

That been used with 3 hours Tune in radio via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
And 2 hours long Netflix via Wi Fi
One hour long surfing On 3G and Wi-Fi

Settings.
Brightness on 25%.
Location OFF.
LTE Turned OFF.( No LTE on three)
iCloud Turned ON.
No fetch on email.

Still have around 43% i probably will hit around 10 hours battery life. I'm very impressed after going through two phones with bad battery and software problems.

Last edited:

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Anytime someone posts a picture of their usage hours on their phone, I take it with a grain of salt. It really depends on what type of tasks you're running on your phone, how many apps you're multitasking with, and your last battery charge cycle.

Absolutely! It depends entirely how the phone has been used.

RiseDarthVader

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2012
Why do people post screenshots without also posting their screen brightness? Typically the people getting the 8 hours battery life on LTE that Apple advertises have their screen brightness on the minimum.

ivtecDOu

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2008
mass
A lot of battery drain comes from location services and having the gps running. Also lowering screen brightness will help a lot.

HankHowdy

macrumors 68040
Dec 2, 2012
Victorville CA
I bet most of these screen shots of awesome battery life have be achieved with wifi being used most of the time.

Lets see some stats with LTE usage only.

Really impressed with the fives battery life.

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
Usage I get at home. Wasn't listening to music with the screen off either seeing as I don't have any songs on the phone yet.

40% Wifi Browsing, 25% Texting, 25% Gaming, 10% LTE Browsing

Attachments

• IMG_0043.PNG
    IMG_0043.PNG
    121.9 KB · Views: 42

Zerilos

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
As an extremely heavy user, I'm also extremely happy with the battery life. Huge improvement over the 4 to my experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.