Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Hi,
This is a member of the Viber Development Team.

1. Are you using Viber on WiFi or 3G?
2. What country are you located in? which cellular network?

New post = Jan 2013

Same problem as original poster

from UAE

tried both wifi and 2 g

provider Eitsalat

regards

yeashani

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
Hi! I'm currently living in Phils.I just would like to know what if you are in active viber call with another viber user and suddenly you received another call,either GSM or another viber call,would the first automatically drops or cuts or your caller will get a notification that you are in another call or like a call waiting? Pls i need an answer bcoz i always have this argument with my husband..Thanks!

yeashani

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2013
This is just a follow up info on my previous message..it just so happens that i was talking to my husband thru viber when suddenly the call was cut. I thought it was only the connection so i tried to call him again but i was getting a busy line,meaning his line was busy so I knew that he might be on another call..when i was able to reach him and asked him he told me that he received a call..I was so annoyed that i told him why he didnt inform me first before he answered,he told me the second call was received automatically and the first call will be dropped automatically,that's why i want to know if that is true with your viber settings..Pls enlighten me because i really gets upset if someone drops my call without saying something like "wait" or "hold on"...thanks! i'd really appreciate it..

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Subu -

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(
You may try contacting the authorities and ask for the reason for this block.

@yeashani -

During a Viber call, if a GSM (cellular) call comes in, it will automatically put the Viber call on Hold, because by default cellular calls get priority over any 3rd-party application.

Scnschoolbag

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2012
i have made no change to my viber but all today i couldnt get in to the messages . every time i went into viber it freezes amd takes me back to the home screen . it i very frustrating . if i delete the application and get it back will i have all my conversations and contacts ?? thank you :)

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
i have made no change to my viber but all today i couldnt get in to the messages . every time i went into viber it freezes amd takes me back to the home screen . it i very frustrating . if i delete the application and get it back will i have all my conversations and contacts ?? thank you :)

Unfortunately deleting Viber will result in deletion of all of your message history. However, you may export your entire message history through Viber's "Export" option (found in the "More" tab, under settings).

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
@Subu -

The authorities in the UAE have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

why not provide a secure ...HTTPS connection which the authorities cannot block ?

you have a multi billion dollar industry waiting

regards

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
why not provide a secure ...HTTPS connection which the authorities cannot block ?

you have a multi billion dollar industry waiting

regards

Technologically, such traffic can still be blocked, should the UAE authorities use very clever methods.
And so, at this stage we wish not to enter this "game". If a country wishes to ban Viber, for their own reasons, then we will unfortunately not be able to guarantee Viber's functionality there. If anything changes in the future, we'll let you know.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
Technologically, such traffic can still be blocked, should the UAE authorities use very clever methods.
And so, at this stage we wish not to enter this "game". If a country wishes to ban Viber, for their own reasons, then we will unfortunately not be able to guarantee Viber's functionality there. If anything changes in the future, we'll let you know.

Thanks

How about activating a VPN on the iPhone ?

have you thought on that direction ?

or ?

regards

Ugoz

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2013
Joining VIBER, who get notification?

Hello, I am user A.
On my phone I have contact of user B and user C
Both B and C are Viber user.

B HAVE my number in his agenda
C DO NOT HAVE my number in his agenda.

Questions:
1) B will get notified that I have joined Viber? (Yes/No)
2) C, who DO NOT HAVE MY NUMBER IN HIS AGENDA, will be notified that I joined Viber? (YES/NO)
3) In case C will be notified, which info he will get? My number? My Full name and number?

Please, answer in a clear way (yes/no)
Many thanks

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Subu -

Using a VPN on your iPhone is a user's own decision. Again, we (Viber) cannot officially recommend this method in order to pass a block legislated by the authorities of a country.

@Ugoz -

1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Irrelevant.

Best regards,
the Viber Team.

Subu

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2013
@Subu -

Using a VPN on your iPhone is a user's own decision. Again, we (Viber) cannot officially recommend this method in order to pass a block legislated by the authorities of a country.

!!! :)

without suggesting methods, could you please suggest some VPN servers or apps :)

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Subu -

You have Google and local forums in your country for that ;)
We would wish not to refer to this issue any further.

@builtex -

Which problem exactly? Please elaborate.

kinga.s

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Hi. When I want to call using a viber from sony ericsson experia arc s to nokia e52 I get a messege "cannot be called .. Send message". I dont know if I can do something to fix this?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi. When I want to call using a viber from sony ericsson experia arc s to nokia e52 I get a messege "cannot be called .. Send message". I dont know if I can do something to fix this?

Hi,

That is because the Nokia device you are trying to call does not contain Viber's calling service yet. We might introduce a calling feature to Viber for Nokias in the future, but we are still not sure when exactly this would happen.

Shazfromclare

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2013
My boyfriend was using viber without having to have his Internet connected now it says he has to connect to wi if to send mgs r make a call wats going on can anyone help

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Shazfromclare -

Viber has always required some kind of internet connection in order to work - it could be either 3G (cellular network) or WiFi. It could never have worked without internet.

Suzib

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Hi,
I have a regular problem on Viber. I'm in France, boyfriend in UK. I can send a text and then the next text i send will come up with ' this contact no longer has Viber', and ' not sent'. He has not disabled his account. Why does this keep happening?

jhe24

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2013
Hi,
please i need answer for this, i had changed my viber picture last night, then suddenly when my boyfriend message me he saw that my picture is an old man, how does this happen? Why does my picture did not appear correctly I need feedback please thank you.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Suzib -

The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

(The instructions refer to iPhone, but are relevant to all phones nevertheless).

@jhe24 -

We have not encountered similar complaints from users in the past. Please try to reboot your Viber, then change your profile picture again. Is it working fine now?

sepideabolfathi

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
hi.I am from Iran.my viber was working very good.from yesterday Ive faced this error:no service,there seems to be a problem connecting to vibers service.please check your connection and try again.
its funny because I can see my notifications of viber but cant open my messages.I can answer the in coming calls but I ,by myself cant call any one because of that problem.help me....I have 14 msg and I cant open them!:confused:
and I checked it with diffrent Wifi !the same error.my other freinds in Iran doesnt have this problem so I think its not blocked yet!!!!!

Last edited:

Roya123

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2013
Hi, my viber was working properly till last night when my internet connection suddenly failed. I got connected to the internet but viber gives me a notice that there is no conectivity, I deleted the app and installed it again on my iphone 5, but when I enter my phone number to recieve the pass code, it shows the same notice that there is no conectivity, but I am connected. PLEASE help me:( . How can I fix it?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@sepideabolfathi -

We are suspecting that the authorities in Iran have decided to block Viber in the whole country, and that is why you are experiencing this issue. Unfortunately there is not much we can do to help :(

@Roya123 -

What country are you located in? Which cellular network?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.