Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derrick2005

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2011
NV is never coming and dropped calls, bad data coverage and overall sucky iPhone service has pushed me to the point to want to quite sprint for AT&T.

AT&T say that they can easily transfer the cell number but my question is things like text messages that I have saved to iCloud. Once I gets new AT&T phone can I set it up from iCloud backup that was done on the sprint phone on the AT&T phone. And of so will the texts transfer?

Any other ideas or advice about this switch? Will AT&T be disappointing too?

wknapp0924

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Honolulu, HI
If you don't care about LTE switch to Straight Talk and get 45 a month unlimited with ATT 4G download speed. If I wasnt in a contract I would probably do that.

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
I'm a firm believer that T-mobile will have more LTE coverage in 2013 than Sprint will so I'm holding out for that. With the discount on my AT&T account I can get 5GB LTE for 2 or 3 dollars more than the 3GB package. I don't want to lose my unlimited with Sprint but it's trash so it really doesn't matter.

Godf1st

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2012
I switched to att from sprint a little over a year ago and haven't looked back. Number was ported over with no problem, as well as corporate discount. Att service where I'm located is better then sprint anyway especially data.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
I'm a firm believer that T-mobile will have more LTE coverage in 2013 than Sprint will so I'm holding out for that. With the discount on my AT&T account I can get 5GB LTE for 2 or 3 dollars more than the 3GB package. I don't want to lose my unlimited with Sprint but it's trash so it really doesn't matter.

Sprint already has tons tons more 3G than TMo. I doubt it. If you think Sprint is bad, TMo is bottom of the barrel stuff

EstaVidaLoca

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2012
Sprint already has tons tons more 3G than TMo. I doubt it. If you think Sprint is bad, TMo is bottom of the barrel stuff

Sprint's 3G is trash. T-mobile has a huge footprint in DFW where I live. At least I'd be able to watch a youtube video on T-mobile.

ValerieDurden

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The speeds aren't that bad and this is in a non-complete network vision area, the speeds and quality are improving every week for me.

2ivfaes.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.