Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjamieson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
i am working in grapher for an algebra 2 project in which we must create a scene from equations of functions and conic sections. i am having trouble figuring out how to use trig functions and was wondering where i can find them and how to use them? my image also gets distorted depending on the placement of the graph, i will post a picture of what it is supposed to look like and what it looks like then i move the graph around a bit.

the first one is what is is supposed to look like besides from the fact that the pointed horn is supposed to be touching the head and the second one is what happens when i shift the graph a bit. when i say "supposed to look like" i mean that i put in the formula in the exact way so that certain lines would be touching and such.

ShadowSKAR

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2013
To put in trig functions you simply type it in (i.e. sin,cos) and enclose the variables in parenthesis.

Grapher documentation

Hi Kjamieson,
1) Please try Help > Built in définitions and Examples menu;
2) Read, learn and use the Grapher’s help which is not very long ;
3) For a full knowledge of Grapher you’ll find free documentation (English and French) and examples on this website : http://y.barois.free.fr/grapher/
4) From there you may contact me for detailed explanations, send me Grapher .gcx.zip files, I'll try to solve your problem.
Good luck,
YB24

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.