Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Oridus

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2012
I'm enjoying my iPad mini Tonight...are you? It's really such a fantastic product! It's a shame some people are waiting for a retina update that won't be out till fall...If you want one, have the money to get one, go out and pick one of these beauties up :) no sense in waiting when the mini, a great mini, is already here!...enjoy!

Ok gotta go, just downloaded Infinity Blade 2 on my iPad mini...gorgeous game on such a lightweight gorgeous device!

I'm loving my 4

flavr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011
Based on your post history, it seems that you've had a Mini for some time (at least a couple of weeks). I've always found it to be a bit weird when people feel the need to make a thread like this stating their love for something, especially since you didn't just buy it a few hours ago.

I've also used a Mini, it's really not the godly device that many here make it out to be (IMO, of course).

My thread says enjoying...never wrote the word love

----------

[/COLOR]
I know. It is kind of strange. But I've grown to expect a new "I love my (blank)" thread on a daily basis.

I have also noticed that these types of threads are directly proportionate to the people complaining about said device. The more people express their displeasure in a device, the more "I love my (device)" threads pop up.

----------

Lol never a truer word spoken!

Anyway..........lets try and go back to keeping this thread positive and hear from more people who are ENJOYING their iPad mins!!! :)

Last edited:

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I really like my mini. Second only to my Nexus 7.

Apple could easily get by without retina. Just give it a higher resolution than it has now. If it was like my N7, that would be great.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
I love my mini. It was great coming back to apple from clunky Nexxus products at dont work that well and have no support.

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I really like my mini. Second only to my Nexus 7.

Apple could easily get by without retina. Just give it a higher resolution than it has now. If it was like my N7, that would be great.

I have the complete opposite experience.

Haven't touched the Nexus 7 since I got the iPad mini. iPad mini is smoother, faster, has far better build qulity, better materials, better quality screen (viewing angles, colors) and, of course, has a more complete ecosystem.

Granted, if you like Android better than iOS and changing kernels is what you like to do, then this is all beside the point.

maxosx

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2012
Southern California
I have the complete opposite experience.

Haven't touched the Nexus 7 since I got the iPad mini. iPad mini is smoother, faster, has far better build qulity, better materials, better quality screen (viewing angles, colors) and, of course, has a more complete ecosystem.

Granted, if you like Android better than iOS and changing kernels is what you like to do, then this is all beside the point.

I like both iOS & Android, that's why I use them. Side by side the build quality is identical. These are both very good tablets.

You don't have to bash Nexus or exaggerate your story, just sell it.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Based on your post history, it seems that you've had a Mini for some time (at least a couple of weeks). I've always found it to be a bit weird when people feel the need to make a thread like this stating their love for something, especially since you didn't just buy it a few hours ago.

I've also used a Mini, it's really not the godly device that many here make it out to be (IMO, of course).

Really? I've always found it to be a bit weird when people rain on the parades of others. I'm not sure if it's someone else's joy or the fact that this person has expressed and shared his/her joy that is the problem??

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
I like both iOS & Android, that's why I use them. Side by side the build quality is identical. These are both very good tablets.

You don't have to bash Nexus or exaggerate your story, just sell it.

"Side by side" build quality on the Nexus and the iPad mini are identical??? Come on, you're the one exaggerating your story. For a $200 Android tablet it's good and I happen to like the feel of the rubberized back, but the build quality is noticeably worse.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012
It's important to defend he honor of your iPad.

Lol why?I know my iPad is good,I don't feel the need to tell anybody this, I'm fairly content with it as a tablet. if I didn't think this, then I would not have purchased it. So why these threads?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Lol why?I know my iPad is good,I don't feel the need to tell anybody this, I'm fairly content with it as a tablet. if I didn't think this, then I would not have purchased it. So why these threads?

I think darngooddesign was being sarcastic. I believe he feels the same as you about people needing to start threads like this, and he was having fun by stating their feelings in an extreme way.

flavr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2011

I cant believe I need to spell it out for some people...sigh

There are a lot of threads about people deciding to buy or not buy an ipad mini...This is where some people come to do some research before buying an iPad. I think a positive thread of people happy with their ipad minis would be helpful to some people on the fence deciding...

Unfortunately there are people that feel inclined to inject their negativity, or are flat out judgmental and destroy a positive thread...thats life, unfortunately

So again, lets hear from those of you that are ENJOYING you iPad mini! :) The rest of you can just move along ;)

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006

There are a lot of threads about people deciding to buy or not buy an ipad mini...This is where some people come to do some research before buying an iPad. I think a positive thread of people happy with their ipad minis would be helpful to some people on the fence deciding...

Unfortunately there are people that feel inclined to inject their negativity, or are flat out judgmental and destroy a positive thread...thats life, unfortunately

So again, lets hear from those of you that are ENJOYING you iPad mini! :) The rest of you can just move along ;)

I'm with you, I love the positivity regarding anything to do with this device, as I love with any device. I'm not device agnostic (I'm an Apple fan), but I love nothing more than my best mate showing me his latest Android phone - he's excited, and it's new/different technology and that makes me excited. I'd never choose his, but my criteria aren't his, and that matters nothing to me, and I'd never tell him my criteria are superior, that would be rude beyond belief, but these forums are rife with people who have different criteria and love nothing more than pointing out what an idiot you are for being different from them and holding different criteria (or perhaps even judging the item against criteria differently). It boggles the mind how incredibly offensive people are, especially when it comes to a product. It's a product. It's a device. Get over yourself, you're not better than me, is what I want to say to them all.

I love my mini. I used to own a gen 1 iPad, and I loved that. I convinced my mother to buy an iPad and she went for the iPad 4, and she couldn't be happier, and I'm so excited to know she has a device that makes her happy. Why should I denigrate her or her choice (other than the fact she's my mom!) if that's what makes her happy just because I prefer the iPad mini? What a world, eh?!

And now I'm going to go enjoy a round or two of Joe Danger, one of the best games I'm enjoying on my mini these days.

Fruit Cake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2012

But there's a million of these already, they all end up the same way, either mini vs full or ios vs android. As people are just trying to justify their purchases by posting these useless threads or starting flame ears as usual to justify why they didn't buy said device.

At the end of the day it's Still just a useless thread

nStyle

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009

Makes sense, but positive isn't always better than negative, they are just two extremes.

bagelmaker

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I don't find these threads useless at all. I like reading about people's experiences with devices I'm interested in. In response to the original intent of this message I will agree that the mini is very enjoyable. I will go as far as to say I love it. It has become an essential part of my everyday and helps me access games/videos/articles that enhance my life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.