Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
If you want to see what kind of graphics an iPad can push, look at Real Racing 2 HD and Infinity Blade II. Both games push excellent graphics.

As to everything else, you're expecting too much. Windows 8 "tablets" are just laptops. That is fine in and of itself, but that's not what the iPad is. It's a mobile device with a mobile OS. If that's not what you want, then I'd look elsewhere.

TJ5921

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2011
The iPad is too bulky for gaming. The iPad Mini is the ultimate gaming device for all iOS games.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Then why can i get games like grand theft auto, which is a full version of the game. A quite old game.

I guess I dont understand apples decision to not want to offer these kind of games on their tablet.

It is because they are not capable of running them yet ?

Sheesh.

Why is your goto reaction to blame Apple?

Apple can't force a dev to port a desktop game over to iOS.

That decision is 100% up to the developer.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Mostly true, but they App Store does have a 2gb download size limit. Any reasonably modern game with high production values isn't going to fit into that.

Yeah, that's the limit for a single download, but a developer could always allow an in-app download of additional game data, like image/model data for additional levels, then as you complete, you select the next and download (possibly even purging previous levels).

Not unlike any app that deals with large volumes of data outside the core application code (like a Podcast).

Heck, the Walking Dead developers did this as totally separate app store downloads, presented as "Chapters" of the same larger game experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.