Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Syvere

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
Yep, I'll post some pics within an hour or so.

Isn't that dark grey cover and not red? Can you post a picture with the cover closed? I happen to have the dark grey cover, but I'm wondering if I should get the red one as well to company the dark grey coverbuddy or just go with grey+grey.

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
Isn't that dark grey cover and not red? Can you post a picture with the cover closed? I happen to have the dark grey cover, but I'm wondering if I should get the red one as well to company the dark grey coverbuddy or just go with grey+grey.

You're kidding about the smart cover right? It's red, you are looking at the inside of the cover, which all colors look like that on the inside.

wytwolf

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2012
You're kidding about the smart cover right? It's red, you are looking at the inside of the cover, which all colors look like that on the inside.

Colour blind much??? That's a dark grey smart cover with a dark grey cover buddy. There is no red smart cover in any of those pics.....

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
How heavy is the mini with the case on ? ^

Very light. It doesn't add much weight at all. I wouldn't even compare it to a folio.

Here's some pics of it with both. Sorry about the horrible lighting. I would say get gray as they match perfectly, but obviously that's up to you.

photo%202-1.JPG

photo%201-1.JPG

Actually, each Smart Cover's insides match the outside. If it's red on the outside, it's red on the inside. Here's a pic of both.

photo-2.JPG

Last edited:

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Are there any similar cases to the coverbuddy? I really want a matte black version. I'm willing to try out a different case as long as it offers the same type of all around protection, including buttons.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Are there any similar cases to the coverbuddy? I really want a matte black version. I'm willing to try out a different case as long as it offers the same type of all around protection, including buttons.

Why not just get the CoverBuddy? It's only $20 and covers everything including the ports (which are removable). Most cases have been leaving a huge cutout for the speakers which the CoverBuddy does not. Best one around, IMO.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Why not just get the CoverBuddy? It's only $20 and covers everything including the ports (which are removable). Most cases have been leaving a huge cutout for the speakers which the CoverBuddy does not. Best one around, IMO.

Because I don't like that the black one is glossy (I prefer matte). If I can't find a similar case, I'll settle for the dark gray.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Because I don't like that the black one is glossy (I prefer matte). If I can't find a similar case, I'll settle for the dark gray.

Gotcha. That's why I went with the dark gray. I had tried the clear and black, but I just can't stand the glossy cases.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010
Gotcha. That's why I went with the dark gray. I had tried the clear and black, but I just can't stand the glossy cases.

I'll probably end up with the dark gray as well. Do you think I'd he able to squeeze it on with my invisible shield on the back? I won't have the Smart Cover attached at all times and I'm afraid the exposed area on the back will get scratched.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'll probably end up with the dark gray as well. Do you think I'd he able to squeeze it on with my invisible shield on the back? I won't have the Smart Cover attached at all times and I'm afraid the exposed area on the back will get scratched.

It's possible, but I can't guarantee it. The CoverBuddy is a pretty tight fit. On that note, I wouldn't worry about the small area left. I use mine all the time without the SC and it would be hard to scratch that small area. If you are worried, you may check out an Incipio Feather. It doesn't have the cutout for the Smart Cover.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Just bought my CoverBuddy on eBay a few minutes ago. Got it for $14.00 shipped through best offer on my first try. Wish I tried to offer less so anyone looking for a great deal on these this seller will go as low as $14 shipped possibly less. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170965715691

Not bad, but I'll pay the extra 6 bucks for SwitchEasy's 2 year warranty. I had a concern about mine they day I got it and they offered to just send me another. Of course that's after confirming my order number, which you won't have with eBay purchases. (Seriously, they have fantastic customer service.)

Of course on the flip side, if you do have a problem, $14 is easily replaceable.

Syvere

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2008
Here's some pics of it with both. Sorry about the horrible lighting. I would say get gray as they match perfectly, but obviously that's up to you.

Which one do you like better yourself? Grey on grey or the red on grey?

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Which one do you like better yourself? Grey on grey or the red on grey?

You're probably asking the wrong person. I'm so indecisive that I've owned 2 red covers and 2 gray covers and I have blue one on the way. :) I have however decided to keep the gray one as it's pretty nice looking since the case and cover match very well. It looks like they came together and were made by the same company.

I only ordered the blue one to see if I like the contrast of the blue. If not, I'll be throwing it on the Marketplace here.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
For those interested in a black matte back, I received a response from Incipio that they will be making a Smart Feather for the mini after all. No ETA yet though...

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
For those interested in a black matte back, I received a response from Incipio that they will be making a Smart Feather for the mini after all. No ETA yet though...

I knew they would...esp with next gen being same dimensions acc to rumors...Sign me up, I'll take two..although my smartcover/coverbuddy has never accidentally come off.....

Boston Rhett

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2012
DC

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
Wow. I love the look of that Elago. I use the Elago Outfit as my iPhone 5 case, and I absolutely love it, and this is the best looking snap case I've seen. I'm using a leather back skin now, but I'm tempted to pick one of those up for times I want a little extra protection.

phonewentwest

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Finally just got my switcheasy to go with my smart cover. Really a fantastic combo. Aside from the strong smell which eventually went away after a day it's great. The dark gray on both really match well. Just wish they would make the black in the matte.

Can anyone recommend a sleeve that will accommodate both pieces? Not crazy about the movement of the Smart Cover when I throw it in my bag.

Kisey

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2010

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
Great find on the Elago and Feather info. This adds to our choices of good covers.

----------

Can anyone recommend a sleeve that will accommodate both pieces? Not crazy about the movement of the Smart Cover when I throw it in my bag.

I've got a good one for sale in my Marketplace thread. It's great for the CoverBuddy w/ Smart Cover. It's even gray too.

phonewentwest

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Great find on the Elago and Feather info. This adds to our choices of good covers.

----------

I've got a good one for sale in my Marketplace thread. It's great for the CoverBuddy w/ Smart Cover. It's even gray too.

unfortunately I can't see that thread for some reason. I think perhaps i don't have enough posts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.